Setup a Server

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Setup a Server

Postby karthikjayraj » 23. September 2011 13:25

Hello,

I am new to server setting up, though i have setup a xampp server on my laptop for development, I'd like to know some more details about what are the requirements for setting up a server on a real time scenario.

basically this is my question- As I have been developing a Social N/w kinda website(not facebook /Orkut kind) but a website which needs member logins and at any given second there can be more than 1000+ members logged in (;P maybe i am being too ambitious, but i'd like to think that way). we need to setup a server to meet these requirements so we are decided to get a dedicated server hosted by a hosting provider as we don't think it wise to setup our own , I 'd want to know what configurations of Server should I request the hosting company?

my development work is based solely on

PHP
MySQL
XAMPP server
Javascript
Ajax.

Any advice will be great!

thanks,
Jay
karthikjayraj

Re: Setup a Server

Postby Sharley » 23. September 2011 13:34

karthikjayraj wrote:my development work is based solely on

PHP
MySQL
XAMPP server
Javascript
Ajax.

Any advice will be great!

thanks,
Jay
XAMPP is not recommended for a production server because of it's security concerns.

It is designed for developers to work in their local environment without too much hindrance.

You are best talking to your hosting service and ask them to recommend and even provision your dedicated server as they will be up to date on most matters that might affect your needs.

My advise is not to use XAMPP if it to face the Internet.

Good luck.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Return to XAMPP for Windows