XAMPP Windows Server 2003 Mysql is taking up resources

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP Windows Server 2003 Mysql is taking up resources

Postby DKY » 22. September 2011 00:04

I have a Windows XP box that I had previously installed XAMPP on with one processor and 4 GB of Ram, on average when people would query against the machine it would take up about 5% of the resources...
I have since migrated to a Windows Server 2003 machine and re-installed XAMPP while exporting the SQL via phpmyadmin and importing into the new environment. This new environment has 4 processors and 8GB of Ram on VMware. Now when people query against the machine it uses around 90% of the resources!!!
I have been googling all over and can't figure out why this would be, is it possible that there is a setting in MySQL that would cause a memory leak or something? Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!

FYI, I've posted the same question here in the hopes that someone can offer assistance:
http://forums.devshed.com/mysql-help-4/ ... 50138.html
DKY

Operating System: Windows Server 2003 sp2

Re: XAMPP Windows Server 2003 Mysql is taking up resources

Postby Sharley » 22. September 2011 02:00

Look in the mysql folder and replace the current my.ini file in the bin folder with perhaps a more suitable one from those presented.

The default my.ini file is based on my-small.ini for low resource systems, the default.

You would need to rename the current my.ini and copy your trial my*.ini and then rename it to my.ini, then restart MySQL.

This procedure may work and may not but you have nothing to lose by testing it out.

Good luck :)
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Return to XAMPP for Windows