Problem with "exec" Foxit Reader when Apache is a service

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Problem with "exec" Foxit Reader when Apache is a service

Postby lgruz » 19. September 2011 15:15

Hi,
I'm using the lastest version of XAMPP for Windows (1.7.4). For a PHP project, I've to do an application to print a PDF document in server. For do it, I'm using Foxit Reader. With the command "exec" of PHP, I'm executing the command of Foxit Reader for printing. All is Ok if Apache is executed as application, but when I use Apache as service, printing is done regardless of the configuration of the printer. For example, the quality of the printing is not the same that I've configured.

Any idea?

Thank You
lgruz

Operating System: MacOS 10.7.2

Re: Problem with "exec" Foxit Reader when Apache is a servic

Postby glitzi85 » 19. September 2011 16:25

Hi,

the problem is, that Services run under a special account and for this account you cannot configure printers. Therefore the default settings are used.
You should create a new account (a non-administrator account would be a good idea), log on as this user, configure the default printer and then let the Apache service run as this user (run services.msc, search for Apache2.2 and type in the log on details under the "Log On" Tab.

glitzi
glitzi85

Re: Problem with "exec" Foxit Reader when Apache is a servic

Postby lgruz » 19. September 2011 16:40

Wow! Thank You!! With the correct user assigned to Apache, It's work correctly.

Thanks!
lgruz

Operating System: MacOS 10.7.2

Return to XAMPP for Windows