Using XAMPP for multiple websites?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Using XAMPP for multiple websites?

Postby artfulME » 11. September 2011 05:54

I have multiple websites I would like to host, but I can't figure out how to let people who aren't a part of my LAN access them. Can someone help me? PS I have bought domains for two of them (currently being hosted somewhere else). I'm a total newb to this all.

Again, I just need help putting different domains to different websites on the same server. :?:
artfulME

Re: Using XAMPP for multiple websites?

Postby Sharley » 13. September 2011 05:47

At this stage I would suggest you do some research into the VirtualHost directive of Apache which is designed specifically for your situation.

To get you started here are some advanced search results on this forum for vhosts that may help you get a handle on this subject, they also contain some working examples for you to experiment with.
(Always make backup copies of any configuration file before editing so you have a known good working copy to fall back to if things go pear shaped).
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Re: Using XAMPP for multiple websites?

Postby artfulME » 13. September 2011 06:49

Sharley wrote:At this stage I would suggest you do some research into the VirtualHost directive of Apache which is designed specifically for your situation.

To get you started here are some advanced search results on this forum for vhosts that may help you get a handle on this subject, they also contain some working examples for you to experiment with.
(Always make backup copies of any configuration file before editing so you have a known good working copy to fall back to if things go pear shaped).

Thank you for that! I actually found a nice video on how to setup the virtual hosts and what not, and I think I'm set now :)
artfulME

Return to XAMPP for Windows