html pages after URL? htaccess?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

html pages after URL? htaccess?

Postby bigjohn2029 » 08. August 2011 08:42

I am very new to design. I just created my first site to replace my old one. I would like people to see html pages after my URL.
Currently people can see the URL which is
www.promassagetherapy.co.uk

I would like people to see

www.promassagetherapy.co.uk/Benefits.html
www.promassagetherapy.co.uk/Testimonial.html
www.promassagetherapy.co.uk/About us.html with

I am not sure how to get this accomplished. I think it has something to do with htaccess but I am not sure. My testing server is working fine with XAMPP. Do I have to put the XAMPP folder to the remote server for this to work?

Any help would be very appreciated!!!
bigjohn2029

Re: html pages after URL? htaccess?

Postby Sharley » 08. August 2011 11:03

When I go to your web site and hover over the top menu bar I see in my status bar at the bottom of my browser the full URI of the links which includes the html pages.

When I click on say the about link I see in my address bar the full URI including the html page.

I don't understand what you mean in your post about not seeing the full URIs - perhaps it's a browser issue?

If you suspect that it might be an .htaccess file issue, simply rename it to something else then try again to do what ever you are doing that seems to be wrong.

If no change then rename back the .htaccess file and try another tack - but I don't see you have an issue from where I sit. :)
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby bigjohn2029 » 08. August 2011 14:13

I apologize if I wasn’t specific. Currently I can only get my URL to appear in a search engine which is
www.promassagetherapy.co.uk
I would like to know how I get pages from my site to appear in a search engine. Here are some examples:
www.promassagetherapy.co.uk/benefits.html
www.promassagetherapy.co.uk/testimonials.html
www.promassagetherapy.co.uk/injury treatment.html
Any help would be appreciated!
bigjohn2029

Postby WilliL » 08. August 2011 16:29

it looks for me like getting better quotes in search engines (there is another similar posting)
Willi
WilliL

Operating System: Win7Home Prem 64 SP1

Return to XAMPP for Windows