xampp 1.7.4 not working

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

xampp 1.7.4 not working

Postby jorgeng » 20. June 2011 08:37

I paid a programmer to do an advanced script in php which worked in xampp 1.7.3.

In february 2011 i upgraded to xampp 1.7.4 and the php script now only works sometimes.
I didn't do any backup of xampp 1.7.3 so i can't restore to old xampp.

The only thing i have is a directory in xampp named uninst.temp, i think this is old 1.7.3.

Anyone knowing how to get back the old 1.7.3 which worked?

:cry:
jorgeng

Re: xampp 1.7.4 not working

Postby JonB » 20. June 2011 10:16

Actually it sounds more like PHP script not working, but that is a different matter.

Your answer:

Provided you have not tinkered with the PHP script, you should be able to reinstall fairly easily.

I am working on the presumption you installed XAMPP in the root of C:\

first, backup your current XAMPP 1.7.4 installation. (this could be as simple as copying the entire XAMMP folder to a different location). If you are using MySQL, It would really be better to use phpMyADMin to backup the MySQL database, BUT if you are going to put XAMPP back into c:\xampp - it should be OK to use the 'copy/backup' method.

second un-register any of the components running as services. (Apache, MySQL, FileZilla, etc.) Unmarking the Svc box in the XAMPP Control Panel should do this.

reboot the machine and maje sure none of the services start.

now Delele (or uninstall) the current XAMPP folder.

Install a clean copy of XAMPP 1.7.3 into the same location your original installation was, get XAMPP 1.7.3 from the SourceForge Archive
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xampp/f ... 20Windows/

make sure it works - nothing more.

MAKE A BACKUP!
(there's a free Windows backup program that works quite well, I use it to backup my XAMMP projects daily.)
http://www.fbackup.com/

Now copy the files and folders that are needed/modified from your backed-up copy of your 1.7.4 installation

TEST.

INSTALL THE BACKUP SOFTWARE AND USE IT!

Good Luck
8)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Re: xampp 1.7.4 not working

Postby jorgeng » 20. June 2011 10:40

Thank you very much, i will do this at night since we are in production with php script on daylight.

I will use cobian backup.
:D
jorgeng

Return to XAMPP for Windows