Need A Little Help

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Need A Little Help

Postby chosenone2 » 13. May 2011 05:08

Ok will start off with I don't know if this is XAMPP or Router issues I thinking its Router but no idea how to search for help on this so just going to make a post.

All this is fresh install windows and XAMPP
System is running XP Pro

Here is my issue. XAMPP is up and runing works just fine but the only way I can connect to it while on the same network is thro the router IP address 192.168.1.x etc. Instead of the http://xxxxx so on.. If I try to connect to the site from outside the network say over my cell phone or something it works just fine but that don't do me much good when i'm trying to install stuff on the site and connecting to it. Tho the router IP works for some things but not all Id rather just connect to it thro the proper http:// way.

Now I never had problems with this tell I got my new router a Netgear brand and my old was an older Linksys when i was on the linksys i could just type in my site url and it would work just perfect could see it right everything loaded let me install stuff etc.. Now that i'm on this Netgear the only way I can view my site is useing the 192 method witch limits what i can do and messes up stuff that I install.

All my pc's have there NIC cards set to there own 192 address so it never changes.. I have port forward 80 and even dmz hosted the pc that runs XAMPP and still can only actsuess the website thro the Router 192 address and not the URL. Think ive included all the details that lists the problem i'm having and hope to hear a fix soon.. And sorry for my poor spelling..
chosenone2

Re: Need A Little Help

Postby Sharley » 13. May 2011 05:15

Not identical but a similar issue here with a possible clue to a solution:
viewtopic.php?p=179852#p179852
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Re: Need A Little Help

Postby chosenone2 » 13. May 2011 12:59

Sharley wrote:Not identical but a similar issue here with a possible clue to a solution:
viewtopic.php?p=179852#p179852

Tried this with no luck so reverted it back to default and don't think its my modem i've had it for a long time now. And when I ran my Linksys router with the same modem it worked fine.
chosenone2

Return to XAMPP for Windows