I searched the forums for an answer but couldn't find it. Seems like this should have already been posted, but all I can find is threads where people are trying to open the php file directly without loading it through the URL. That isn't what I did.
I installed XAMPP on Windows XP SP3 at work. Windows Firewall is disabled by a group policy and my machine is sitting behind a corporate firewall and proxy server.
Here's the steps I took followed by my problem:
1. I installed XAMPP version 1.7.4 by extracting the zip to a folder on my hard drive.
2. I ran the setup_xampp.bat.
3. Then I launched xampp-control.exe and started Apache and MySQL. See the screenshot here. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2090992/Pictures/2011-05-12_130057.png
4. I created a folder inside of htdocs called learning_php and created a basic php file inside. Here's the code:
- Code: Select all
What is your name: <br />
echo "Kris is my name.";
5. Then I launched the localhost URL in Firefox 4. It showed the HTML text I added, but not the echoed PHP string. See screenshot here. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2090992/Pictures/2011-05-12_131019.png
What am I missing?