Apache is very slow when "Waiting for site.localhost.com...".
This seems to be a problem that many people run into.
(site.localhost.com is a local installation of Magento)
I've already tried to fix this problem in the following ways:
- Removed the # that was in front of Win32DisableAcceptEx in xampp\apache\conf\extra\httpd-mpm.conf
- Removed the # that were in front of EnableMMAP Off and EnableSendfile Off in xampp\apache\conf\httpd.conf
- Disabled all firewall/antivirus software (in my setup: Windows Defender/Windows Firewall, Norton AntiVirus).
- In the hosts file, commented out ::1 localhost, uncommented 127.0.0.1 localhost.
- Ran (from cmd): netsh; interface; portproxy; add v6tov4 listenport=80 connectport=80.
- Even disabled IPv6 completely, by following these instructions: http://www.home-network-help.com/disable-ipv6.html
Apache is still very slow when "Waiting for site.localhost.com...".
It takes several seconds before the actual content starts loading.
So, what to try next? Any suggestions?
Help is greatly appreciated.