XAMPP CONTROL PANEL Version 3 Problems

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Re: *** New XAMPP CONTROL PANEL Version 3 ***

Postby hackattack142 » 30. January 2012 05:45

Yes, that would be an easy change. I will make sure it gets in there in the next release.

As for the license, Steffen has it licensed as follows (quoted from the source code):
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ or
send a letter to Creative Commons, 444 Castro Street, Suite 900, Mountain View, California, 94041, USA.

Any third party libraries that were added to the IDE and compiled into the binary but are not included with the source have their own licenses.
XAMPP Control Panel Developer
Latest CP: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48932
hackattack142

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit

Postby bookie56 » 06. February 2012 12:14

Hi folks :D
The last time I was here...I was a grumpy old git and apologise for that.... :oops:
I have had terrible problems getting Xampp working on Windows 64bit.

Example:
I could install 1.7.7 and when I started the services via control panel the admin links were active and I could set my root password no problem. After rebooting the computer - the admin links were not active and connection to phpmyadmin gave me an error and I was locked out. I tried setting the config file but no dice...

I have tried everything in the last few days and each time was the same -the root password was set and then I restarted the services...no problem ...password worked, but after rebooting computer nada...

My firewalll was setup to allow access...

I have just seen the new panel and gave it a try...
I followed the same procedure as before to set my root password, restart services, and reboot computer....now it is working and the admin links are active on the new control panel.
I have no problem getting acces to MySql so everything is as it should be again...... :lol:

I don't know the ins and outs of what you have updated on the new control panel....but my hat goes off to you guys for a brilliant job well done.

I just hope I am not being premature with this post.... :D

bookie56
bookie56

Re: XAMPP 2012: What we are planning?

Postby sylvia » 27. March 2012 17:00

Hi there,

a proposal:
I am refering to when the control panel is open and the icon appears in the system tray, that the icon also offers a quick way to stop/start any of the modules.
And then, when closing the control panel, the icon shall remain visible, as long as one of the modules is still running.

Kind regards
sylvia
sylvia

Operating System: various

Postby hackattack142 » 28. March 2012 13:43

I can look into adding additional control to the tray icon. The control panel already has a mechanism to remain running while hidden. If you 'X' out of the window as opposed to clicking the 'Quit' button, it will minimize itself to the tray instead of fully closing.
hackattack142

Postby DrMopp » 01. April 2012 18:00

Apologies if this is in the wrong topic, but I am gettting 'Apache Service Detected With Wrong Path', then 'Uninstall the service manually first!' from CP Version 3.0.11 on Win Vista, though service then installs. Path to executable is 'C:\xampp\apache\bin\httpd.exe' is this a real problem or an incorrect error message?
DrMopp

Operating System: Windows Vista 32-Bit

Postby hackattack142 » 02. April 2012 02:38

Was this a one time thing or is it recurring?

Did you have an existing Apache service?
hackattack142

Postby siavashmusic » 27. June 2012 02:15

thank you Steffen, you rock.
siavashmusic

Re: Showing unrendered php code in browser on preview.

Postby inspiration1312 » 18. July 2012 15:26

Thanks JonB, problem solved.

I opened my php pages directly with url http://localhost/..../abc.php in the browsers, they are working fine.
But with dreamweaver problem persists. Going to checkout Adobe forums!

C.In the control panel, clicking on stop button parallel to apache, the server doesn't stop.
inspiration1312

Operating System: windows vista

Re: Unrendered php code in browser on preview. [Solved]

Postby hackattack142 » 18. July 2012 22:08

C.In the control panel, clicking on stop button parallel to apache, the server doesn't stop.

Please provide as much detail as possible (if you're using a service or not, how many PIDs are showing, any anything else you feel is relevant)
hackattack142

Postby astronaute » 06. August 2012 13:32

Hell all :)

I have a small problem but cannot solve it, I hope you can shed some light:

I can START/STOP Apache from control panel but not MySQL, I can start it using mysql_start.bat though, and STOP it from control panel.
No errors in the log of course.

How can I solve this please?

Thank you in advance :)

P.S.:
I use the XAMPP Control Panel v3.0.11 and it is configured to run as administrator in windows 7 x64.
astronaute

Operating System: Windows 7 x64

Postby hackattack142 » 06. August 2012 22:04

Hello,

Could you do the following to provide more context:
1. Click the "Conifg" button in the upper right corner of the control panel
2. Check the "Show Debug Details" box
3. Click Save
4. Exit and Reopen the control
5. Try to start MySQL
6. Post the entire Control Panel log here between Code tags
hackattack142

Postby astronaute » 06. August 2012 22:20

Here is the result:

Code: Select all
23:12:04  [mysql]    Starting mysql app...
23:12:04  [mysql]    Executing "a:\google drive\xampp\mysql\bin\mysqld.exe --defaults-file=a:\google drive\xampp\mysql\bin\my.ini --standalone"
23:12:04  [mysql]    Return code: 0

The command line is bugged as there is a space in folder name, this works as intended:
"a:\google drive\xampp\mysql\bin\mysqld.exe" --defaults-file="a:\google drive\xampp\mysql\bin\my.ini" --standalone

Is there a way to edit the command line that control panel constructed?
Or maybe change the way it constructs the command line and always include double quotes.

Thank you :)
astronaute

Postby hackattack142 » 06. August 2012 23:24

Short answer, no.

It is generally discouraged to install XAMPP in a directory with spaces. Due to this, I never initially accounted for those situations, however, it is fixed as of 3.0.12. You can steal the new CP from XAMPP 1.8.0 and use it in 1.7.7.
hackattack142

Postby astronaute » 07. August 2012 09:35

I never had any issues in this same directory exept for launching services with control panel.

I already use XAMPP 1.8.0 Lite, but the control panel was not included in it, I'll take a look in full version and steal it from there.

Thank you for your help :)
astronaute

Postby davidhbrown » 05. October 2012 04:38

Is it possible to get the control panel to always use the (v1.8.1) portable Apache/MySQL even though I have Apache/MySQL services installed? The entries for EnableServices in the xampp-control.ini are 0 and not checked in the GUI.

(The control panel does not properly request privilege elevation and crashes with an access violation when it tries to start the services unless I ran it as administrator. But I don't want it to try to start the services; I want it to be a control panel for the portable XAMPP.)

Ahah! I think I figured it out. I deleted the Apache and MySQL serviceNames:
[ServiceNames]
Apache=
MySQL=
FileZilla=FileZillaServer
Tomcat=Tomcat7

Now it's starting the local apps. Hope this helps someone else. (Shouldn't the setup script have done this? Edit: Perhaps it would have done if there weren't a space in my path? I will try on another folder.)
davidhbrown

Operating System: Windows 7

PreviousNext

Return to XAMPP for Windows