Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Postby inc » 04. May 2011 14:03

hi, maybe someone can point me to a relevent thread?
i am simply looking at how to export a database from a website to my local pc, but just cant seem to find the correct procedure.
i have downloaded xampp and am just not sure where to go next.
the website is one i have been asked to rehost on a new server,so i need to pull an up to date copy of the db so i can put it onto the new server.
i have the ip address, and all permissions to download the database (i have the user, pw and db name)

sorry for the inconvenience!
inc
inc

Re: newbie

Postby peterwt » 04. May 2011 22:48

You need to export the database from the server on which it is hosted. Use the database admin. facilities of the hosting server to export the database - such as the phpMyAdmin which is included in XAMPP.

Peter
Peter
peterwt

Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit Professional

Postby inc » 05. May 2011 15:53

i don't have access to the server where it resides, just have been given the ip address, username, p/w and db name
inc

Postby peterwt » 05. May 2011 22:04

If you are going to host this website on a new server you will also need the other files - html, scripts etc so how are you going to do this?

Presumably the current operators have access to the website so they can get all the files including the database and pass them to you.

Peter
Peter
peterwt

Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit Professional

Return to XAMPP for Windows