Using 1.7.4 and also tried 1.7.5 beta 1 and neither will work when I try an outside program such as Navicat
when connecting to MySQL on the same computer.
If I use PHPmyAdmin on the same computer it works great. I can logon fine.
When I try Navicat (again on the same computer) it gives me an odd error that makes no sense.
Yes, I searched the forums, but everyone had simular questions with no answers.
2003 - Can't connect to MySQL server on localhost
1) My firewall has been disabled *confirmed*
2) Same login and program worked fine on 1.7.3 of XAMPP
3) I also tried to make a new account with full permissions and "any host" and still it refuses to connect.
4) MySQL is running *confirmed*
5) MySQL is NOT running as a service *confirmed*
6) Running on Windows XP professional
7) Default mysql port (3306)
8 ) Power Cycled computer
9) Restarted both Apache and MySQL (still does not work)
10) Installed using the installer program
11) Tried installing Xampp on two different XP computers (still does not work)
12) connected to both localhost and of course 127.0.0.1 and still does not work.
13) Same login and password combo works fine on phpMyAdmin but not on any outside program like Navicat.
14) Tried with a server name and localhost, makes no difference (both are locked out)
I really don't want to spend time to go back to 1.7.3 which worked, thanks.
Is there something on security that I don't know about that Oswalt changed on Xampp
to make it more secure, but completely useless outside of phpMyadmin?
or outside of locahost?