Access Forbidden! Error 403

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Access Forbidden! Error 403

Postby Pedro_Duraes » 11. April 2011 16:46

Translated by Google:

Hi

I I have this problem when trying to install

Access Forbidden!

You do not have permission to access the requested directory. There may not be the index file or directory can be protected against reading.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 403
localhost
04/11/11 17:35:50
Apache/2.2.17 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.8o PHP/5.3.2 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1

System : Win 7 32X
XAMMP: xampp-win32-1.7.5-beta1-installer
File Path http://localhost/name_file/install/

With the XAMPP 1.7.4 had the same problem.
Someone could help me solve this problem.

Thanks
Pedro_Duraes

Re: Access Forbidden! Error 403

Postby Sharley » 12. April 2011 02:05

First of all issues with the beta versions should be sent via the form on the beta home page not in here as yet there is no support in here for beta versions only "stable" releases.

I will address your issue as if you were using the XAMPP 1.7.4 version.

You need to add a file name after the install/ part if you don't have an index file in that folder - see below.

Read the \xampp\apache\logs\error.log file for clues about this forbidden error.

Does the folder name_file reside in the \xampp\htdocs\ folder and does the folder install reside in the folder \xampp\htdocs\name_file\ folder?

So you have C:\xampp\htdocs\name_file\install\index.php which you are trying to load in your browser with this URI:
http://localhost/name_file/install/
(The forward slash after the install folder tells Apache to load the index file either index.php or index.html, if you want to load install.php then you have to add that file name after the install/ folder name).

The above path presumes a default XAMPP path installation on the C:\ drive and should be adjusted to suit your own XAMPP installation location.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Return to XAMPP for Windows