Object Not Found!!

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Object Not Found!!

Postby lehos24 » 19. February 2011 00:24

Ok, this is a little bizarre. I successfully installed XAMPP on Win 7 (64), it is running, but I cannot run any other web page but XAMMP home page. Anything else I get "Object not found!". In copied my files in htdocs directory and they are configured exactly the same like on my Vista 64 laptop where they run with no problem. Any ideas?
lehos24

Re: Object Not Found!!

Postby Sharley » 19. February 2011 00:32

How are you trying to run these files?

What are you typing in your browser to access these file?

Always check the \xampp\apache\logs\error.log file first when you get a server error message as it will give more detail about the error message.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby lehos24 » 19. February 2011 04:12

Sharley wrote:How are you trying to run these files?

Always check the \xampp\apache\logs\error.log file first when you get a server error message as it will give more detail about the error message.

Thanks for you reply. The error log is empty. It appears that all is good, the XAMPP page is working ok on http://localhost/xampp/, but nothing else. I have a basic index html page in C:\xampp\htdocs\myweb\index.html, but I always get "Object not found!" while the exactly same thing on my laptop Vista 64 system is working just fine. The only difference is Win 7 (64) and Vista 64. I am stuck and dependent on my laptop, which sucks...
lehos24

Postby Sharley » 19. February 2011 05:07

Sharley wrote:How are you trying to run these files?

If you don't want to answer my important questions then that is your choice.

lehos24 wrote:The error log is empty. It appears that all is good...
That is all bad as you should have entries made when Apache starts and you should have the error message that relates to your object not found message.

What version of XAMPP did you install?

Run xampp-portcheck.exe and let me know what you see is using port 80 and port 443.

Run your XAMPP Control Panel and see if Apache and MySQL are Running in green.

Did you install what ever version you downloaded using the installer or the zip archive version?

Did you make several attempts to install XAMPP?

I can only work with detail not sad stories. ;)
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby lehos24 » 20. February 2011 05:26

I used installer XAMPP version 1.7.4, while on my laptop I have version 1.7.1. installed using installer. I could not get the version using the installer work on my Win 7 machine despite that XAMPP Control Panel showed it is running. Then I uninstalled this and downloaded the zip archive and used *.bat, and that works. The 1.7.4 installer version is not cooperative in my Win 7 box for some reason, but I didn't investigate why. Thanks for your help...
lehos24

Return to XAMPP for Windows