MySQL wont activate on clean install using Win 7 64

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

MySQL wont activate on clean install using Win 7 64

Postby ClearWater » 17. February 2011 20:51

Hi,
After installing XAMPP I'm getting errors on MySQL - alhtough browsing to localhost, all but MySQL is active:
1) MySQL won't start even as a Service:
2) ntwdblib.dll is not a file included with XAMPP. I've copied it to /xampp/php and xampp/apache/bin but will not activate:
3) Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: [2002] No connection could be made because the target machine actively (trying to connect via tcp://localhost:3306) in C:\xampp\htdocs\xampp\cds.php on line 64:
4) Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. in C:\xampp\htdocs\xampp\cds.php on line 64 Could not connect to database:
In addition, I can't STOP Apache using the console.
Any help would be very much appreciated!
Kind regards,
Jonathan
ClearWater

Re: MySQL wont activate on clean install using Win 7 64

Postby Sharley » 17. February 2011 23:16

Have you another instance of MySQL on your PC?
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=44650
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Re: MySQL wont activate on clean install using Win 7 64

Postby FeralReason » 29. May 2011 18:54

Did you ever get this problem solved ? I also have XAMPP installed on Windows 7. After some configuration everything is running fine. I had some problems when I first installed but those were solved by the reinstallation. I do remember (sorry for being vague) that I reinstalled the second time using an alternate installation method. I would guess that you have already made sure that your firewall is configured with 3306 as a port for MySQL -- altho I don't know if (or why) this might stop MySQL from starting up.

The fact that you can't stop Apache is a puzzle and one of the reasons I think re-installation might be good idea.
FeralReason

Return to XAMPP for Windows