Mercury Mail Server

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Mercury Mail Server

Postby ravish4ualways » 07. February 2011 04:48

Hey Guys.....Ive installed XAMPP ver 1.7.3 on windows 7(which is my server)
i configured Mercury as per the tutorials and i made 2 users (root and ravs - root@localhost & ravs@localhost)
i even configured their aliases as sme services wanted the extension .com ......am able to log onto both these accounts when am on server and exchange mails too.....but when i go on to a client machine and log on using Thunderbird am unable to do so......what can be the problem??

In mercury configuration all Addresses and interfaces provided by me are 127.0.0.1......is dat a problem?? do i need to specify my server IP address dere??

Regards
Ravs
ravish4ualways

Re: Mercury Mail Server

Postby Sharley » 07. February 2011 08:40

127.0.0.1 is the local loop back address - localhost - so will only be accessible from the computer that XAMPP is installed on.

You would need to use your server LAN IP for access by clients on your LAN and your WAN IP for clients accessing from the Internet, the latter is not recommended or you will end up being a spam gateway.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Re: Mercury Mail Server

Postby ravish4ualways » 07. February 2011 10:30

CAN U PLZ EXPLAIN ME THE SETTINGS OF MERCURY SERVER......MY SERVER IP IS 162.29.65.111 AND ITS A LAN...NO ACCESS TO INTERNET HERE....I JUST WANT PPL TO SEND MAIL ON THIS LAN THRU THUNDERBIRD.....PLZ HELP SHARLEY :)
ravish4ualways

Return to XAMPP for Windows