XAMPP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENDIF in

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENDIF in

Postby anders » 04. February 2011 11:38

Hi,

I am using XAMPP lite on windows xp sp3 and have installed wordpress on the localhost so that i can make changes to the site locally before going live, up until now i have not had any problems. However i have activated a theme in wordpress admin and no errors returned until i visit the site and now i receive the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENDIF in (location of index file)

having looked at the file i can not seen any problems with the syntax and a search on the net mentions this is a common issue for locahosts and wordpress using XAMPP yet i have not found any answers to resolve the problem

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Sam
anders

Re: XAMPP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENDIF in

Postby JonB » 05. February 2011 17:06

Yes:

From a personal point of view, I have run Wordpress version from 2.7 to current on XAMPP without syntactical problems in the WP core. I have the feeling this is a problem with that theme, eh? but we don't have enough information. Does WP go back to proper function when the theme in disabled? Did you contact the theme author???

BTW, the fact that you don't see anything wrong with the code doesn't mean much when you didn't write it.

Good Luck
:)

ysf
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Re: XAMPP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENDIF in

Postby Nobbie » 05. February 2011 21:51

anders wrote:Any suggestions?

short_open_tag - as always.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows