Moodle extension=php_intl.dll problem solved!

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Moodle extension=php_intl.dll problem solved!

Postby arturas » 03. February 2011 10:03

Guten tag!
Xampp 1.7.4 for Moodle extension=php_intl.dll not work. In 1.7.3 perfect work, wat resolve this problem?
danke schön!

Best regards,
Arturas
Last edited by arturas on 04. March 2011 09:45, edited 1 time in total.
arturas
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 03. February 2011 09:52

Re: Moodle extension=php_intl.dll

Postby arturas » 04. March 2011 09:40

MOODLE intl.dll xampp 1.7.4
http://tecnologia-internet-y-formacion. ... on-de.html
PHP.INI add:
extension=php_openssl.dll
extension=php_intl.dll


Copy 5 libaarty files icuu*36.dll source U.\xampp\php (leave old files) to U:/xampp/apache/bin, enjoy it works :)
Have fun!
arturas
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 03. February 2011 09:52

Re: Moodle extension=php_intl.dll problem solved!

Postby freud » 18. July 2011 16:50

I registered just to say thank you, it worked good for me :)
freud
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 18. July 2011 16:48

Re: Moodle extension=php_intl.dll problem solved!

Postby wnycomputerguy » 14. April 2012 01:14

Same issue during installation of Moodle 2.2.2+ on a Windows box with XAMPP.

Specifically, Apache complains that it can't find icuuc46.dll when you try to start it after adding "extension=php_intl.dll" to php.ini to make Moodle happy.

This fix works for 1.7.7 with the following minor difference:
- For me it was icuu*46.dll (46 instead of 36) and I think there were 7 of them instead of 5.
- I don't know if they all need to be copied or not but it worked when I did it and it didn't break anything else that I've noticed :)
wnycomputerguy
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 14. April 2012 01:10
XAMPP Version: 5.6.3
Operating System: Windows 7

Re: Moodle extension=php_intl.dll problem solved!

Postby james565 » 30. July 2012 12:51

The fix works for me, thank you so much, greatly appreciate it :)


______________________________
"if at first you fail....try and try again."
james565
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 30. July 2012 12:49
XAMPP Version: 1.8.3-3
Operating System: Linux

Re: Moodle extension=php_intl.dll problem solved!

Postby JT65 » 24. July 2013 03:06

I registered just to thank Arturas! Thanks! after hours his solution worked.
I have a Moodle 2.5.1 CMS installation that wanted PHP_intl.dll to be un commented in PHP which I did but then apache failed to start. I tried so many things but this allowed apache to work (although I'm still fighting Moodle to recognize my php_intl.dll file)
Thanks!
1. copied then pasted from downloaded threadsafe 5.3 of PHP this file: php_intl.dll ( I also used php 5.4 and php 5.5 and works with any version)
2. uncomment and or add these lines to php file to the end except the bolded one which I found but had to add en_utf8
php_openssl.dll
intl.default_locale = en_utf8
[PHP_intl]
extension=php_intl.dll
3. next from inside the downloaded 5.3 php folder I did a search for icu and found about 7 dll's (more in 5.4 & 5 but just in case I chose my version)
pasted them into C:\ . . .apache\bin as directed and restarted apache and apache works!
Thanks again!
JT65
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 24. July 2013 02:45
XAMPP Version: 1.8.2-2
Operating System: Server 2008 Moodle

Re: Moodle extension=php_intl.dll problem solved!

Postby JT65 » 26. July 2013 01:45

Well, it failed after that and I spent forever trying to do variations on that idea without success. I'm on windows server 2008 apache with a moodle cms installation. I read for apache only to use VC6 but I tried them all. For each I copied all icu files into apache/bin and the single php_intl.dll copied into php/ext folder. I tried downloading all 32 bit versions 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, & 5.5 of php vc6, vc9, vc11 and 64 bit vc11 all threadsafe all failed despite having worked for 5.3, 5.4,& 5.5 just yesterday! Yes each time I restarted my server and apache AND don't forget in apache/logs to delete httpd.pid which get overwritten again anyway but sometimes can throw it all off.
NADA!
Today, I found my original 5.3.5 V6 x86 but unfortunately it was in exe form. Last year I remembered getting the binaries from an exe so I found this program again called universal extractor from here http://legroom.net/software/uniextract
Run the program then Open the folder and file 5.3.5 win32vc6x86.EXE and choose first option msi administrative installer and it makes a folder for you. Deep within that folder (just search) you find again all icu files paste into apach/bin and one php_intl.dll file paste into php/ext. Delete your httpd.pid file in apache logs just in case . .. and start apache service without even restarting my machine it WORKS! Moodle 2.5 environment finally is ALL green baby - perfectly running (well close enough for me). I sure hope this helps someone too! :P
JT65
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 24. July 2013 02:45
XAMPP Version: 1.8.2-2
Operating System: Server 2008 Moodle


Return to XAMPP for Windows

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 59 guests