*** Post 1.7.4 Issues In Here ***

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Re: *** Post 1.7.4 Issues In Here ***

Postby klemasters » 06. February 2011 02:28

I am one of those brand new xampp users and after reading this, I would like to uninstall the 1.7.4 I just installed and install 1.7.3 instead - I don't have to have the latest versions of the components. Can someone steer to where I can get this version? The buttons I find on the website don't give me options about versions, just 3 choices of the format in which to download 1.7.4
klemasters

Postby Sharley » 06. February 2011 02:52

WilliL wrote:
Sharley wrote:On the XAMPP Welcome Demo Page the link to the demo Guest Book under the sub heading Perl will give a server 500 error if you have not installed XAMPP to the default location of C:\xampp - for this example I have used the drive and folder G:\xampp174 for my XAMPP installation.
I installed on C:\xampp174 and guestbook works fine..
When I remember right, I used the installer version.
(xp home sp3)
This behavior is relevant to installs using the archive files and the setup-xampp.bat file - I should have made this clear as I never use an installer if I can install apps. manually. ;)
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby Sharley » 06. February 2011 02:56

klemasters wrote:Can someone steer to where I can get this version?
The link to 'Download older versions' is at the top of this page you mentioned:
http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html
Sharley
AF Moderator

Postby siavashmusic » 12. February 2011 22:37

its really test version not more :x
when we can download the stable version ? :!:
siavashmusic

Postby tyntyn85 » 13. February 2011 04:46

Hi all,

I thought it's just me - having problems in getting Apache started and getting some serious PHP warnings and errors -- now I'm happy I'm not alone! :mrgreen:
I couldn't start Apache because:
httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 455 of C:/xampp/apache/conf/httpd.conf: Syntax error on line 18 of C:/xampp/apache/conf/extra/httpd-xampp.conf: Invalid LoadFile path C:C:/xampp/php/php5ts.dll

- so I had to edit some .conf files, mainly fixing the path there!

Now here are the issues I don't think I can fix myself...
PHP Warning: Module 'mcrypt' already loaded in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: Module 'PDO' already loaded in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\xampp\\php\\ext\\php_pdo_mysql_libmysql.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\xampp\\php\\ext\\php_zip.dll' - The specified procedure could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
[Fri Feb 11 22:07:11 2011] [warn] pid file C:/xampp/apache/logs/httpd.pid overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run?

Editing php.ini, however, *can* fix these:
PHP Warning: Module 'mcrypt' already loaded in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: Module 'PDO' already loaded in Unknown on line 0

Maybe you have the fixed version of php5ts.dll :roll: ?
tyntyn85

XAMPP version: Various
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Postby ridgewood » 13. February 2011 05:07

this is a wild shot... but have you tried 'rolling back' to the last release of PHP? It would be really interesting to know if that works... I just don't have the time or I would give it a try... XAMPP is using 5.3.5 ... on the PHP site, they post 5.3.5 as stable and 5.3.4 as a clean up ... there should be no reason why 5.3.4 would not work .... and it is beginning to sound like so many of the problems could be related to a glitchy DLL. Just a thought :?:
ridgewood

Postby tyntyn85 » 13. February 2011 05:32

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\xampp\\php\\ext\\php_pdo_mysql_libmysql.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\xampp\\php\\ext\\php_zip.dll' - The specified procedure could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0

- PS: Those libraries do exist.
tyntyn85

Postby tyntyn85 » 13. February 2011 05:39

I really wish the issues to be fixed ASAP because I love XAMPP despite I just used it starting the last stable version... :|
Should and can I downgrade? (because now PHP won't run... it just keeps on starting)
tyntyn85

Postby ridgewood » 13. February 2011 06:14

Since you just started using it... you kind of came in at the wrong time... seems there is a bit of chaos which is not a 'normal' state of affairs for XAMPP... if you do not need 'the latest and greatest' in the 1.7.4 release (I said in my earlier post that I am still using 1.6.8 ) ... get a copy of 1.7.3 ...IMHO you are better off not to install it but just unpack it to c:\xampp, use the setup and tell it to put in the full paths and then use the control to set up your services... common problems are: not having port 80 free because something else is using it and not have fully uninstalled the previous version of XAMPP if the 'installed' version was used ...check your environmental variables to make sure that PHP has not been put in the path.

Other than one minor PHP change: (short_open_tag = set to default off), I downloaded it and set it up, and moved the directory 3 times and it reconfigured ... very solid... (took about 1/2 hour) probably why it has so many downloads over the last two years ... once you get your head around the structure etc. you can play with 1.7.4 but be up running... and then figure out if you really need the upgrade...

Now running 1.7.3 on Win7 Pro (32 & 64) and XP Pro 32, dual core and P4 processors... happy camper :)
ridgewood

Postby tyntyn85 » 13. February 2011 06:47

Well, maybe not yet a true love... but I really do like XAMPP because all the bells and whistles were configured nicely.
I'll surely try what you proposed! And you probably are correct that the installation didn't run properly...
Thanks ridgewood! :D
tyntyn85

Postby Sharley » 15. February 2011 21:42

The fake sendmail included in 1.7.4 is now very much out of date and will not permit SSL connections to mail services like gmail and many others.

You can download and extract the new version to the sendmail folder after first renaming the old sendmail folder.
http://www.glob.com.au/sendmail/sendmail.zip

This newer version has an improved sendmail.ini file to configure the TLS side of sending email and includes the required encryption libraries that are missing in the old version plus it has many old bugs fixed.
viewtopic.php?p=174085#p174085
Sharley
AF Moderator

Postby tyntyn85 » 16. February 2011 09:58

@Sharley,
So, XAMPP 1.7.4 is working for you?...
I'm still having all the same issues even after re-installation :(
I think I'll wait for the next release, and hopefully it's going to be very soon.
tyntyn85

Postby Sharley » 16. February 2011 10:45

Current installed 1.7.4
Run the XAMPP Control Panel and make sure all components are stopped and there are no ticks in the Svc boxes.

Close the Control Panel and delete the xampp folder.

Now download the zip version not the installer version and extract to the C:\ drive.

Next run the setup_xampp.bat file found in the xampp folder.

Now run the control Panel and start Apache and MySQL but do not put any ticks in the Svc boxes.

Run xampp-portcheck.exe and make sure that Apache and MySQL are showing on their respective port numbers - httpd.exe on ports 80 and 443 with mysqld.exe on port 3306.

Close the port check and now go to http://locahost in your browser select your language to check the installation is working.

Let me know if that allows you access to 1.7.4 version without issues at this stage.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Postby tyntyn85 » 16. February 2011 10:52

Thanks Sharley, I'll try that and let you know. :)
tyntyn85

Postby tyntyn85 » 16. February 2011 19:04

Yay, no more XAMPP problems!
Thanks again Sharley! :)

But does anyone has a copy of xampp_shell.bat?
I could simply copy cmd.exe but it's not a good idea IMO.
tyntyn85

PreviousNext

Return to XAMPP for Windows