access xampp from the internet without port forwarding?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

access xampp from the internet without port forwarding?

Postby albertdiones » 12. January 2011 13:59

Hi I'm frustrated with my ISP cause all threads on the net regarding it are saying port forwarding is not possible on my ISP(Smart Bro on Philippines). It doesn't have router, but it has an antenna directly connected by a lan cable to the computer's lan slot.

So I got one question. Is it possible to share/access my localhost from the internet(using my IP[static]) without port forwarding?

Thanks in advance :D
albertdiones

Re: access xampp from the internet without port forwarding?

Postby Nobbie » 12. January 2011 15:12

It depends. What is your IP (provided by your ISP)?
Nobbie

Postby albertdiones » 13. January 2011 05:45

thanks for the reply,
which one, the one on my lan connection(network ip)? or the one that will show when I google what's my IP?

I got another question, is giving away my IP to the public expose me to risk if ever I successfully made my xampp localhost accessible via internet?

edit: I realized my IP has duplicates from the same country. Maybe there's some sort of central proxy this internet connection is connecting to :?
albertdiones

Postby Nobbie » 13. January 2011 11:48

albertdiones wrote:which one, the one on my lan connection(network ip)? or the one that will show when I google what's my IP?

Neither nor.

Neither your LAN IP, nor the IP which is shown by "whats my IP".

Do have a LAN? Why? You should de-activate it for a test (as you dont need it for now). Then connect to the internet and open a CMD shell under Windows. Enter "ipconfig" and show us the resulting output.
Nobbie

Postby tanoli » 06. March 2011 09:26

Hi friends,

I have two routers
1- 192.168.1.1
2- 192.168.1.2

I have registered with DYNDNS and when I put myname.dyndns.biz in my browser, it opens, 192.168.1.1, Now what do I have to do if I want to access 192.168.1.2????
Yes, I know I have to enable port forwarding in my DSL modem, but what I am wondering is, my other router that is (192.168.1.2) also works on the same port that is 80,

Can any one please guide me how can I achieve this???

Regards,
Waqas
tanoli

Return to XAMPP for Windows