Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.
I want to copy my xampp system so I can use it on another computer. What must I do?
Double your music - double your fun
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 11. July 2010 22:10
- Location: Florida
Last edited by Sharley
on 04. January 2011 04:23, edited 1 time in total.
- AF Moderator
- Posts: 3316
- Joined: 03. October 2008 05:10
- Location: Yeppoon, Australia Time Zone: GMT/UTC+10
- Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3
1st: your topic is misleading. you don't want to copy windows but xampp
2nd: this is the german part of the xampp support board. The english part is a forums below beginning with "XAMPP IN ENGLISH". So i should answer in german here.
What you have to do is:
- shut down your xampp applications (and xampp windows services if used)
- mark the whole xampp folder
- copy it to the new harddisk/usb stick
- execute the setup_xampp.bat file for relocation and to make the installation without drive letters
- try to start Apache and MySQL from your new path.
Remember that you can't use Windows services with portable Drives.
We don't provide any support via personal channels like PM, email, Skype, TeamViewer!It's like porn for programmers
- AF Moderator
- Posts: 8299
- Joined: 17. August 2009 13:05
- XAMPP version: several
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64
Return to XAMPP for Windows
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 40 guests