Xampp 1.7.3 Cli problem in Win XP

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Xampp 1.7.3 Cli problem in Win XP

Postby smt002 » 02. November 2010 20:37

Hi everyone
I installed Xampp and had been working with Joomla CMS etc.Everything seems fine.lately I wanted to add Zend Framework to Xamp.But couldn't execute the scripts.
When I issue the command php -v the following message pops up for all the modules in the Xampp\php\ext
Code: Select all

C:\>php -v
Failed loading \xampp\php\ext\php_xdebug.dll
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '\xampp\php\ext\php_bz
2.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
 in Unknown on line 0

Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '\xampp\php\ext\php_bz2.dll
' - The specified module could not be found.
 in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '\xampp\php\ext\php_mb
string.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
 in Unknown on line 0

Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '\xampp\php\ext\php_ming.dl
l' - The specified module could not be found.
 in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '\xampp\php\ext\php_pd
flib.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
 in Unknown on line 0

Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '\xampp\php\ext\php_pdflib.
dll' - The specified module could not be found.
 in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Cannot open '\xampp\php\extras\browscap.ini' for reading in Unknow
n on line 0

Warning: Cannot open '\xampp\php\extras\browscap.ini' for reading in Unknown on

........ same error messages for the rest of the dll has been removed to save space......

PHP 5.3.1 (cli) (built: Nov 20 2009 17:26:32)
Copyright (c) 1997-2009 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2009 Zend Technologies

phpinfo() shows all the modules without any problem.Joomla CMS is also working.Is it some kind of a bug? I installed from the self extracting exe file.
Please help.
Thank You
smt002

Re: Xampp 1.7.3 Cli problem in Win XP

Postby Nobbie » 02. November 2010 21:09

Hast Du die php.ini in irgendeiner Weise verändert oder angepasst - wenn ja, was wurde verändert? Kommt das Zend Framework vielleicht mit einer eigenen php.ini, die die vorhandere überschreibt?
Nobbie

Postby smt002 » 03. November 2010 22:35

Thanks for your reply.I have only one php.ini file and I only added the zend library path to php.ini.I think i should try to install from the zip.Doesn't sound very scientific but its worth trying. :o
Thank you
smt002

Postby smt002 » 09. November 2010 23:13

Hi all
I have reinstalled xampp latest version on Windows XP SP2.But i still can't get my php cli to work properly.When ever I issue the php -v command error messages pop up about the missing "dlls" in my d:\xampp\php\ext directory.I have only one php.ini file.Lately I installed just the php 5.3 and removed everything else and tried to test the cli , it still gives the error messages about the loadable modules.I don't know whats doing on.I still don't have any idea what could have gone wrong.When I put a comma in front of the extensions the error messages disappeared.
Please help--- Thanks :(
smt002

Postby JonB » 12. November 2010 07:05

I think its due to a lack of other arguments, and/or path information from the environment - or - more likely - both.

Just my 1/2 way educated guess on it...

I don't think it will matter in any substantial issue.

Good Luck
:)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Postby venutm » 11. May 2011 17:14

Search for '/xampp' and replace it with your path, like 'C:/xampp' in your php.ini file.

That should solve.
Cheers,
Venu.
venutm

Return to XAMPP for Windows