XAMPP and ZenCart problem

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP and ZenCart problem

Postby emf2718 » 30. October 2010 00:12

Hey guys, new user here. I'm writing an application with ZenCart using XAMPP (Windows 7 Ult.) for development. So far, so good with XAMPP-the application works really well when I view the application on my development server. The problem comes in when I try to view it on another computer in the network.

The ZenCart app has two parts: The store and admin section (which is no surprise to ZenCart coders). When I view it on my dev machine, both parts work perfectly, but when I view it on another computer, the store section comes up without any CSS or images, and the admin section reports it cannot display the web page. I am using XAMPP 1.7.3 and ZenCart 1.3.9g. I think the problem is something with XAMPP, but I don't know what.

I've tried changing .htaccess to allow all and set all permissions for the root htdocs folder. Anyone have a guess as to what's going on? My experience with administering servers is limited.
emf2718

Re: XAMPP and ZenCart problem

Postby Nobbie » 30. October 2010 15:05

Bei der Installation des Shops oder von ZenCart bist Du nach dem Server gefragt worden, wo die Software laufen soll, dort hast Du sicherlich "localhost" angegeben. Das heißt aber, dass die Software auch nur auf "localhost" richtig läuft.

Wenn man von einem anderen PC den Server aufruft, ist "localhost" nicht richtig, denn das ist der Client PC selbst, weil localhost immer auf den eigenen Rechner verweist. Deswegen mußt Du oben nicht "localhost" angeben, sondern am besten die lokale IP dieses Rechners im LAN (beispielsweise 192.168.1.20 o.ä.). Denn sonst werden Bilder und CSS Dateien usw. nicht gefunden, weil sie mit localhost verlinkt sind, aber das verweist nicht auf den Server, sondern auf den lokalen Rechner und dort befinden sich diese Dateien nicht.

P.S.: In einem deutschen Forum antwortet man grundsätzlich deutsch. Wenn Du englische Auskünfte haben willst, musst Du im englishen Forum nachfragen (weiter unten).
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows