Xampp 1.7.3 Vulnerable on my security

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Xampp 1.7.3 Vulnerable on my security

Postby safirohf » 29. October 2010 19:27

Hello, I'm having problems i got a site with lot of users and now they are erasing my files whenever they want i got norton 360 with smartsecurity and don't understand how they do that if someone here can help me, how to protect my computer from this hackers... I'm also really scared about my data on my computer because i don't want they steal information from me i already scanned my computer certains on time and Antivirus said everything is all right, I will like some professional to help me on this, and tell me how to protect my computer

Thank you

Please help me :cry:
safirohf

Re: Xampp 1.7.3 Vulnerable on my security

Postby JonB » 30. October 2010 04:28

1 - "what files" are they erasing?

2 - Are you by any chance running an upload application/script.?

3 - What kind of scripts or applications have you installed? (a forum, a blog, something else?)

BTW - professional generally means 'for hire' 8)

I guess I should also point out (its a little late I suppose) XAMPP is really meant for testing and development. Its not intended to be a production environment (like a website with a whole lot of users),

The philosophy
The philosophy behind XAMPP is to build an easy to install distribution for developers to get into the world of Apache. To make it convenient for developers XAMPP is configured with all features turned on.
The default configuration is not good from a securtiy point of view and it's not secure enough for a production environment - please don't use XAMPP in such environment

oh well, let's try you answer questions 1, 2, and 3 there and we will maybe see what is happening.
:)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for Windows