how can i configurate my xampp to use IBM DB2 DATABASE?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

how can i configurate my xampp to use IBM DB2 DATABASE?

Postby davidgarcia402 » 28. October 2010 23:42

hi! im tried to work one application with php and db2 using xampp!!! but i cant find a correct way. i was looking for information about this subject (zend framework, php manual, others) and it doesn't works. i've added in PHP.INI the extension php_ibm_db2.dll but it's not working. so anyone can tell me about a correct way to work? i'm gonna be mad if i wouldn't find a solution....
davidgarcia402

Re: how can i configurate my xampp to use IBM DB2 DATABASE?

Postby JonB » 29. October 2010 16:33

I hope someone may be able to give you a more compelte answer as to the specifics of making DB2 work.

BUT - I can give you some general guidance.

1st - you can't mix and match PHP extensions. Any PHP extensions (DLL's) you wish to use with XAMPP have to be compiled for PHP 5.3 (or the version in your XAMPP install), and be compatible with the Apache executables and PHP that XAMPP comes with; that means compiled with the Microsoft VC6 compiler and be od the 'thread-safe' variety. Did that dll you tried meet that specification?

References:
there's a more complete explanation here:
http://bravo.newnetenterprises.com/word ... age_id=254

2nd. There are some things that just won't work, (I'm not saying this is the case). Generally if a database is not supported in a suite distruibution -- you are on your own, and that's how the cookie crumbles.
I am personally trying to compile a missing DLL so webmin will again work on Windows with XAMPP (its a Perl DLL that is missing, but the same issues apply)

Good Luck

8)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Postby tpra21 » 29. October 2010 18:12

I am currently using xampp with DB2. For data access, I use the odbc functions. If you want to actually call RPG programs, tap into user profiles, spool files, etc, then check out easycom http://www.easycom-aura.com/en/easycom.asp . It comes with a demo and is extremely easy to install. One gui app on the Windows side installs both the Windows web server and the as400/iSeries software.

Once installed, you can use the i5 functions in php to access DB2 (instead of ODBC).

Hope this helps - Adam
tpra21

Postby JonB » 30. October 2010 04:31

great info, Adam - I took notes...

:)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for Windows