Constant password requests

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Constant password requests

Postby digitheatUK » 28. October 2010 15:12

Good afternoon,

I'm sure this has been asked a dozen times before but can anyone advise on the best way to handle the constant requests that I'm getting to enter my password when I make changes to files within the htdocs directory of my XAMPP installation?

My problem being that everytime I make a change, need to add a directory, save a script file etc... I am asked to enter in my system password. Is this OS X asking for my password or XAMPP? I can't find anything in XAMPP that says 'request password on change' nor can I find anything similar in OS X' security settings.

Anyone had a similar "issue"? Any advice would be greatfully received.

Cheers

DT
Last edited by digitheatUK on 29. October 2010 09:42, edited 1 time in total.
digitheatUK

Re: Constant password requests

Postby JonB » 28. October 2010 18:40

Well - you COULD try the right board...

My problem being that everytime I make a change, need to add a directory, save a script file etc... I am asked to enter in my system password. Is this OS X asking for my password or XAMPP? I can't find anything in XAMPP that says 'request password on change' nor can I find anything similar in OS X' security settings.

viewforum.php?f=29

Good Luck

:)

TFCMSAMU
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Re: Constant password requests

Postby Nobbie » 28. October 2010 19:15

digitheatUK wrote:Is this OS X asking for my password or XAMPP?

Of course NOT Xampp - Xampp does not know anything about your filesystem. Xampp is a webserver (Apache) and NOT a file manager or similar.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows