Can't access phpmyadmin tools: Error #1045 - Access denied

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Can't access phpmyadmin tools: Error #1045 - Access denied

Postby 408 » 27. October 2010 22:32

I just typed a whole wall of text, but I accidentally deleted it. I don't really feel like typing all of that again so i'll explain it very quick.

I downloaded xampp about a month ago but I hadn't setup the root password yet.

Last night: I scan my home network for vulnerabilities using Acunetix.

This morning: I try to access mysql and a http authentication window pops up asking for my username and password, which is weird because it had never done that before and I hadn't even setup a password yet. So I look in my xampp directory and find a text file( can't remember what it was called because I uninstalled and reinstalled xampp to see if it would fix the problem) that had a new user name and password, which were username: rhbavuta password: acun3t1x. I typed that into the authentication window and it worked. I don't know whether Acunetix makde some changes, or if someone possibly hacked into it.

Now when I try to access phpmyadmin tools, I get the error; "MySQL said: Documentation
#1045 - Access denied for user 'rhbavuta'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed. phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server."

I tried reinstalling xampp to see if it would fix it, but it didn't. So I was wondering if someone could help me out. Thanks

Re: Can't access phpmyadmin tools: Error #1045 - Access denied

Postby JonB » 28. October 2010 19:00

Have you looked for newly created .htaccess files?

Have you modified/examined your config.inc.php?

its found in \xampp\phpmyadmin -

chamge the settings to match the plaintext values you used to login.

Those settings have to match those in the MySQL database itself - one of the databases in the MySQL is 'mysql' it contains the metadata for the installation.

I guess thr lesson here is not to run security tightening applications if you don't know what actions they are going to take.

:)

BTW - there is a save option for drafts of posts.
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for Windows