PHPMyAdmin Object not found! -HELP

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

PHPMyAdmin Object not found! -HELP

Postby pylonx » 19. October 2010 19:15

Code: Select all
Object not found!
The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404
10/19/10 11:00:04
Apache/2.2.11 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i PHP/5.2.9

I receive this error message when trying to run an import from phpmyadmin. Most all the other phpmyadmin fuctions work flawlessly.
I tried from a remote machine, and the server itself. Both the real ip address, 127.0.0.1 and localhost.
Using windows xp
XAMPP for Windows Version 1.7.0

All my php code works fine otherwise. I do inserts, updates, deletes and everything else through php code. but I get those errors through phpmyadmin. I have a lot of information in the database and a lot of information I need to put into the database. I don't want to have to start from scratch. But if I can reinstall with out it effecting my data I'd gladly do that.
pylonx

XAMPP version: 5.6.30
Operating System: Windows 7, 10, Srv2012

Re: PHPMyAdmin Object not found! -HELP

Postby pylonx » 19. October 2010 19:19

Addition.

I searched the forums and didn't find anything quite like my problem but I also tried some of the solutions to similar problems. No Change. If you know of one like this toss me the link. I'll be happy to go from there.
pylonx

Postby pylonx » 19. October 2010 19:47

Code: Select all
Access forbidden!
You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either read-protected or not readable by the server.
pylonx

Postby JonB » 20. October 2010 04:25

Does that happen when you click the 'Import' Link on the top menu in phpMyAdmin???

Do you ever get to the File Import screen where you can browse for a file?

:?:

What user are you logging into phpMyAdmin as? It should be 'root' or another user you have GRANTED full prvileges on teh database in question. The PMA control user has limited rights.

"" you are backing up regularly, right???? "

you can use phpMyAdmin (Export) or the mysqldump.exe program in \xampp\mysql\bin folder to do backups.

Good Luck
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Postby pylonx » 20. October 2010 13:59

I can actually browse for files and yes, I am logged in as root. (root@localhost)

I can make backups and am back it up as we speak.

I did a work around, I just uploaded sql files via the mysql command line.

BUT, I still want to solve this problem, if anyone has Ideas. Otherwise I will give up and just install the newest version.
pylonx

Postby JonB » 20. October 2010 14:55

When EXACTLY do you get the error? At whatever point it occurs, edge up to that spot and use the status bar as hover the button/link you are about to click to get the details of the arguments about to be passed.

I tested on two different machines running XAMPP 1.7.3, and I was able to import into MySQL using the phpMyAdmin 'Import' command.

You CAN upgrade/re-install phpMyAdmin independent of MySQL or XAMPP, so you might want to consider that. Its a 'in-place' process. (just remember to keep your config.inc.php if its right)

Good luck
8)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for Windows