help with openssl and how to test

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

help with openssl and how to test

Postby megos » 14. October 2010 12:07

Hi all,

I downloaded XAMPP the other day for my Windows 7 (XAMPP 1.7.3). I want to enable OpenSSL and test it but I can't seem to find it anywhere? There are no dll's related to it and my php.ini does not contain ;extension=php_openssl.dll

Confused :(

According to phpinfo() its already enabled.. so how do i test it?
megos
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 11. February 2010 23:21

Re: help with openssl and how to test

Postby Nobbie » 14. October 2010 13:51

megos wrote:There are no dll's related to it and my php.ini does not contain ;extension=php_openssl.dll


It is statically linked into the core module, you need not to specify any extension for PHP.

megos wrote:so how do i test it?


Simply run your tests (as if you had enabled php_openssl.dll).
Nobbie
 
Posts: 8768
Joined: 09. March 2008 13:04

Re: help with openssl and how to test

Postby megos » 14. October 2010 14:07

I run them but i get errors like

Code: Select all
Warning: openssl_pkey_export() [function.openssl-pkey-export]: cannot get key from parameter 1 in C:\xampp\htdocs\test.php on line 16

Warning: openssl_pkey_get_details() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\xampp\htdocs\test.php on line 19


Warning: openssl_public_encrypt() [function.openssl-public-encrypt]: key parameter is not a valid public key in C:\xampp\htdocs\test.php on line 28

Warning: openssl_private_decrypt() [function.openssl-private-decrypt]: key parameter is not a valid private key in C:\xampp\htdocs\test.php on line 32


I suspect it can't find the conf file? Help :D

Edit.. it is pointing to the correct file..

OPENSSL_CONF C:/xampp/apache/bin/openssl.cnf
megos
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 11. February 2010 23:21

Re: help with openssl and how to test

Postby megos » 17. October 2010 00:06

can anyone help me? i cant seem to get help.

php.ini does not have any ;extension=php_openssl.dll (there is also no php_openssl.dll anywhere)

openssl found in apache/bin

phpinfo() tells me it's enabled and is pointing to the conf correctly.

libeay32.dll also in apache/bin.

I've added the dll to my PATH and restarted my system, and XAMPP.

I've googled everywhere for help but old tutorials only seem to mention uncommenting the extension=php_openssl.dll bit.
megos
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 11. February 2010 23:21

Re: help with openssl and how to test

Postby megos » 17. October 2010 18:35

Error log

OpenSSL Error: error:02001003:system library:fopen:No such process
OpenSSL Error: error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such file
OpenSSL Error: error:0E064002:configuration file routines:CONF_load:system lib
OpenSSL Error: error:02001003:system library:fopen:No such process
OpenSSL Error: error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such file
OpenSSL Error: error:0E064002:configuration file routines:CONF_load:system lib
megos
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 11. February 2010 23:21

Re: help with openssl and how to test

Postby Dariusc123456 » 18. October 2010 00:10

Openssl have been a problem on window servers. I dont know how but one day, it started working for me but it rarely works now but I have no use for it at the moment other than making self-signed certificates.
Dariusc123456
 
Posts: 22
Joined: 15. October 2010 15:18

Re: help with openssl and how to test

Postby mawg » 27. November 2010 05:04

megos wrote:can anyone help me? i cant seem to get help.

php.ini does not have any ;extension=php_openssl.dll (there is also no php_openssl.dll anywhere)

openssl found in apache/bin

phpinfo() tells me it's enabled and is pointing to the conf correctly.

libeay32.dll also in apache/bin.

I've added the dll to my PATH and restarted my system, and XAMPP.

I've googled everywhere for help but old tutorials only seem to mention uncommenting the extension=php_openssl.dll bit.



Just to say that I also have this problem, several years after the original poster. I can't find help anywhere & will soon have to look for alternatives (urk! Microsoft)
mawg
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 27. November 2010 05:01

Re: help with openssl and how to test

Postby mawg » 27. November 2010 05:10

megos wrote:Hi all,

I downloaded XAMPP the other day for my Windows 7 (XAMPP 1.7.3). I want to enable OpenSSL and test it but I can't seem to find it anywhere? There are no dll's related to it and my php.ini does not contain ;extension=php_openssl.dll

Confused :(

According to phpinfo() its already enabled.. so how do i test it?



Me too! Any answers?
mawg
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 27. November 2010 05:01

Re: help with openssl and how to test

Postby Neil_Smith » 07. June 2011 14:38

I'm using Windows 7 64bit and I've been having a right headache with this issue.

After testing various methods I've found the best solution.

1. Click on the START button
2. Click on CONTROL PANEL
3. Click on SYSTEM AND SECURITY
4. Click on SYSTEM
5. Click on ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS
6. Click on ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
7. Under "System Variables" click on "NEW"
8. Enter the "Variable name" OPENSSL_CONF
9. Enter the "Variable value". My is - C:\XAMPP\php\extras\openssl\openssl.cnf
10. Click "OK" and close all the windows and RESTART your computer.

The OPENSSL should be correctly working.

Hopefully XAMPP will make the installation script add this as a default!

EDIT: Now getting the error "string(31) "C:/xampp/apache/bin/openssl.cnf" error:0E06D06C:configuration file routines:NCONF_get_string:no value"

ARRRGGGHH!!!!
Neil_Smith
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 07. June 2011 14:29


Return to XAMPP for Windows

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 65 guests