I've upgraded without to run the upgrade script of mysql...

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

I've upgraded without to run the upgrade script of mysql...

Postby dvb » 09. October 2010 22:19

Hi,

I was using an old xampp installation on windows xp, recently I was must to update my php version so I'v made a backup of my xampp/htdocs and xampp/mysql/data folders redownloaded last xampp and copied back these folders. I've reconfigured everything, and the server is working.

mysql (and phpmyadmin) still show some errors & warnings.
mysql versions (from the error log)
old version 5.0.67-community
new version 5.1.41

now the error log is looking like:
101007 22:57:49 [Note] Plugin 'FEDERATED' is disabled.
101007 22:57:50 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 43675
101007 22:57:50 [ERROR] Incorrect definition of table mysql.event: expected column 'sql_mode' at position 14 to have type set('REAL_AS_FLOAT','PIPES_AS_CONCAT','ANSI_QUOTES','IGNORE_SPACE','NOT_USED','ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY','NO_UNSIGNED_SUBTRACTION','NO_DIR_IN_CREATE','POSTGRESQL','ORACLE','MSSQL','DB2','MAXDB','NO_KEY_OPTIONS','NO_TABLE_OPTIONS','NO_FIELD_OPTIONS','MYSQL323','MYSQL40','ANSI','NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO','NO_BACKSLASH_ESCAPES','STRICT_TRANS_TABLES','STRICT_ALL_TABLES','NO_ZERO_IN_DATE','NO_ZERO_DATE','INVALID_DATES','ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO','TRADITIONAL','NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER','HIGH_NOT_PRECEDENCE','NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION','PAD_CHAR_TO_FULL_LENGTH'), found type set('REAL_AS_FLOAT','PIPES_AS_CONCAT','ANSI_QUOTES','IGNORE_SPACE','NOT_USED','ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY','NO_UNSIGNED_SUBTRACTION','NO_DIR_IN_CREATE','POSTGRESQL','ORACLE','MSSQL','DB2','MAXDB','NO_KEY_OPTIONS','NO_TABLE_OPTIONS','NO_FIELD_OPTIONS','MYSQL323','MYSQL40','ANSI','NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO','NO_BACKSLASH_ESCAPES','STRICT_TRANS_TABLES','STRICT_ALL_TABLES','NO_Z
101007 22:57:50 [ERROR] Event Scheduler: An error occurred when initializing system tables. Disabling the Event Scheduler.
101007 22:57:50 [Note] D:\xampp\mysql\bin\mysqld.exe: ready for connections.
Version: '5.1.41' socket: '' port: 3306 Source distribution

How can I fix those problems?
can I run any upgrade script now? where can I find it?

thanks a lot for your help...
dvb

Re: I've upgraded without to run the upgrade script of mysql...

Postby JonB » 10. October 2010 00:07

I sure hoped you backed up whatever was in your database...

IF NOT - follow the instructions in this post:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=42153

Good Luck
:)

ysssf
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for Windows