Lost privileges & fatal error

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Lost privileges & fatal error

Postby potain » 06. October 2010 01:21

Hello

I wonder if you can please help me.

Installed XAMPP 1.72 on top of 1.71 but instead of choosing G: I typedd G:\xampp so it moved the installation to that location. I un-installed and re-installed into G: but somehow my privileges got all mucked up.

I did use the reload the privileges link but the information must have been written over - is there anyway of recovering the old privileges instead of re-entering them manually.

Also how do you make a back up of the privileges - just in case I stupidly do the same thing again?

I am also getting this fatal error even though I have changed the max_execution_time = 300 in php.ini :

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in G:\xampp\phpMyAdmin\libraries\dbi\mysqli.dbi.lib.php on line 176

There is a Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data. which I have set as max_input_time = 120

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
potain

Re: Lost privileges & fatal error

Postby JonB » 06. October 2010 15:36

exactly what "privileges" are you talking about? in MySQL or phpMyAdmin or what? :?:

:shock:
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Postby potain » 07. October 2010 02:42

Sorry, I am talking about the privileges tab in phpMyAdmin and users.

I have a fair few programs that I test on my local machine and had assigned a different user and password for each database, apart from the root they have all gone. Without the user information the programs can't access their respective databases..

It says on that page under User overview :
Note: phpMyAdmin gets the users' privileges directly from MySQL's privilege tables. The content of these tables may differ from the privileges the server uses, if they have been changed manually. In this case, you should reload the privileges before you continue.

The deleted installation was actually in G:\xampp\xampp\. It is now in G:\xampp (the original location of 1.71).

I still have G:\xampp\xampp\mysql\data\mysql - would the tables in there contain the original user information and if so how would I go about accessing it.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks.
potain

Postby JonB » 07. October 2010 04:26

" yes "

What should be done is to use mysqldump.exe to get a backup of the original database- you can then restore whatever parts you want. (other than the INFORMATION_SCHEMA -- becasue that would destroy the database)

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysqldump.html

that SQL service has to be running

command line is (in that installation's mysql/bin folder)

Code: Select all
mysqldump.exe --databases nameofdatabase -- user root --password rootpassword > targetsqlfilename.sql

you can also dump certain tables if you require - the output file is plaintext SQL statements that will recreate whole databases if needed.

Good Luck

8)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Postby potain » 08. October 2010 07:07

Thank you JonB, I'll give it a go.
potain

Return to XAMPP for Windows