[URGENT] Xampp problem..

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

[URGENT] Xampp problem..

Postby Remyx » 01. October 2010 10:12

Hey guys, today I accidentally hit uninstall in my xampp folder, uninstalling xampp without being able to cancel the uninstallation. I was afraid my databases would all be deleted, so I did a system restore to Sept. 24th, 2010. (I host a gameserver + website with phpmyadmin, and I was afraid all of the account information/player data would be lost). When the restore was complete afterwards, I tried running xampp, but neither Apache, nor SQL would run. In CMD, I hit c:\xampp\xampp_start, hoping it would work, but it said that httpd.conf could not be found, and mysql\bin\my.cnf could not be opened.

It is very important for me to get the server running as SOON as possible, as over 300+ players connect to it every day.

Help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Remyx

Re: [URGENT] Xampp problem..

Postby Nobbie » 01. October 2010 10:16

What kind of "System restore" is that?
Nobbie

Postby Remyx » 01. October 2010 10:33

System restored my windows..

**And if any of you guys who think can help have MSN, please add me @ arthurconnor@hotmail.com

THANKS. :/ (I'm panicking) :(
Remyx

Postby Nobbie » 01. October 2010 11:05

Remyx wrote:System restored my windows..

That is not a "restore" of software, it is a Windows System restore. As Xampp is not part of Windows, it is not restored.

Do you have any backups of Xampp (i.e. the MySQL Data folder or similar)?

Remyx wrote: (I'm panicking) :(

If you dont have any backups, its time for panic. I cannot understand why people dont make backups, they always have to learn it the most painfull way.
Nobbie

Postby Remyx » 01. October 2010 12:41

I've never heard of a MYSQL data folder, with the DB info... Where would that be located? Because if that existed, I would probably still have it.
Remyx

Postby Nobbie » 01. October 2010 13:52

Remyx wrote:I've never heard of a MYSQL data folder, with the DB info... Where would that be located? Because if that existed, I would probably still have it.

It is a subfolder of the Xampp Installation Folder, i.e. C:/xampp/mysql/data (assuming that Xampp is installed to C:/xampp). Replace c:/xampp by your Xampp Folder if necessary.
Nobbie

Postby Ron8000 » 05. May 2011 19:45

This has also happened to me.

And no I did not have a backup, though it was all development / temp databases it's not a big deal.

On the other hand the system restore has just completely disabled my xampp install.

I changed my computer form a domain to a work group then used the restore point to re-join the domain.

Now the xampp setup is not working I'm getting
Code: Select all
Diese Eingabeforderung nicht waehrend des Running beenden
Please dont close Window while MySQL is running
MySQL is trying to start
Please wait  ...
MySQL is starting with mysql\bin\my.cnf (console)
InnoDB: The log sequence number in ibdata files does not match
InnoDB: the log sequence number in the ib_logfiles!
110505 11:43:44  InnoDB: Database was not shut down normally!
InnoDB: Starting crash recovery.
InnoDB: Reading tablespace information from the .ibd files...
InnoDB: Restoring possible half-written data pages from the doublewrite
InnoDB: buffer...
110505 11:43:45  InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 11645912
110505 11:43:45 [ERROR] mysql\bin\mysqld: Can't find file: '.\mysql\host.frm' (e
rrno: 13)
110505 11:43:45 [ERROR] mysql\bin\mysqld: Can't find file: '.\mysql\host.frm' (e
rrno: 13)
110505 11:43:45 [ERROR] Fatal error: Can't open and lock privilege tables: Can't
 find file: '.\mysql\host.frm' (errno: 13)

MySQL konnte nicht gestartet werden
MySQL could not be started
Press any key to continue . . .

Apache is giving me 403 errors on all page requests, though it will start unlike mysql.

Any ideas / thoughts? Other than a re-install? (which I may just have to do anyway)

It would be good to know if xampp will stop working after a system restore in Windows 7.

Thanks,
Ron
Ron8000

Postby Ron8000 » 05. May 2011 19:46

Oh yes if forgot to mention that the C:\xampp\mysql\data dir was empty after the restore....
Ron8000

Return to XAMPP for Windows