Previewing login.php in mozilla through Dreamweaver cs3

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Previewing login.php in mozilla through Dreamweaver cs3

Postby ScienceGuy22 » 12. September 2010 23:22

I get this message:

[[Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 404
localhost
9/12/2010 3:16:41 PM
Apache/2.2.14 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8l mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.3.1 mod_apreq2-20090110/2.7.1 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1 ]]

I just created a php file from scratch in dreamweaver.. and when I try to preview>in browser - FireFox It gives me about 6 alert messages asking me to specify a testing server and what not.. How else can I preview my scripts without using Dreamweaver? I know there is a way to do it with PHPmyA but I don't know how/

I have just started studying PHP last night.. lol :oops:

Anyone out there that could help? I would surely appreciate it, and would pay it forward :lol:
ScienceGuy22

Re: Previewing login.php in mozilla through Dreamweaver cs3

Postby lrasan » 13. September 2010 03:21

this show up when you give the wrong path in for the php file in browser address bar.

try typing these in your address bar

if the php file is saved in directly in the xampp/htdocs folder : http://localhost/login.php

or if its saved in a folder within the xampp/htdocs folder : http://localhost/your_folder_name/login.php

i think this should solve your problem, :P

ps: also check the file name in the windows explorer if you are using Notepad as your editor. because the file extension might be login.php.txt
which means the file is still is a text file.
lrasan

Return to XAMPP for Windows