student using for class were to put .php

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

student using for class were to put .php

Postby devilhanzou » 08. September 2010 01:24

I am using this for class and have created a helloworld.php. I do not know were to put it inside the folder. I am running on 64 bit machine and on 32 bit i put them in apache\htdocs. This program has an htdocs but when I put it in there and type http://localhost/helloworld.php like I would with phptriad it does not work. any ideas were the file is supposed to go?
devilhanzou

Re: student using for class were to put .php

Postby JonB » 08. September 2010 01:55

the file should be placed in xampp\htdocs.

have you tested http://localhost to make sure the server is running? - it should display the XAMMP welcome page.

:)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Postby devilhanzou » 08. September 2010 13:10

yes it does, the helloworld.php though just displays the html text, It just does the Hello World! The following is information etc...IT doesnt show the php info like it is supposed to. So placeing it in the folder like you said works just doesnt display everything yet. I am running WIn 7 64-bit thats why I am trying this program over PHPtriad, cause when I install that it says that it only works on 32 bit. I wish i could find a 64 bit version of that or get this working. I am falling behind, thanks for the help so far hopefully by the end of the day this will be resolved. This is the helloworld.php I wrote btw. It is supposed to display the PHP info obviously.

<Html>
<Head>
<Title>Hello World</Title>
<Body>
<H1>Hello World!</H1>
<H3>The following is information about your PHP installation</H3>
<?
phpinfo()
?>
</Body>
</Head>
</HTMl>
devilhanzou

Postby Nobbie » 08. September 2010 14:34

short_open_tag

(approx. 1 Billion Times same question same answer....)
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows