Xampp and cms (Joomla, Wordpress and drupal)

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Xampp and cms (Joomla, Wordpress and drupal)

Postby dashby » 03. August 2010 22:30

I have xampp set up on vista pc, everything running fine on port 80 all the cms have setup fine, I have win 7 laptop xampp running on port 8080 as will not run on 80 as something else grabs the port on boot, can access localhost:8080 no problem but cannot setup any of the above (joomla, wordpress or drupal), I assume this is because they are looking for port 80.

Has anyone set these up on 8080, if so how did you do it?

Thanks in advance for any help
dashby

Re: Xampp and cms (Joomla, Wordpress and drupal)

Postby JonB » 04. August 2010 02:23

1st - I really think you should fix the port 80 problem.

2nd - You are likely correct about the port address as the scripts create self-referencing URL's to operate. For WordPress, you can probably fix it by changing the URL in Dashbaord >Settings >General, append the port # in the Blog Address and the WordPress address (if set up) or appending it during setup. I can't speak to Joomla or Drupal, but the same advice will 'probably' work.

BUT - you should fix the problem :shock:
Quick tips:
Skype? if yes, change the Skype Port
HTTPS.SYS ? In services, change its Startup to Manual
If Apache or WAMP were installed previously, uninstall them.

Search this forum for more tips, Win 7 often shares problems with Vista, as its the same core.

Good Luck
8)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Postby dashby » 04. August 2010 03:27

The only thing I can think of without investigating further is that I installed visual studio express 2008 prior to xampp which maybe the reason, I unistalled skype as have only used once so taking up space.

As visual studio installs allsorts including sql files then this is probably the cause but I need this to be on this laptop so by uninstalling then reinstalling probably will not resolve the problem ?

Thanks in advance
dashby

Postby dashby » 04. August 2010 03:52

I seem to have resolved the problem, got to make sure everything else running fine but have located the problem.

Went into control panel and install/uninstall windows components, I thought I had turned it off but IIS was checked, removed them and xampp now on 80.

Thanks JonB

U seem to be answering all my issues at the moment, dont expect to go on the payroll though :lol:
dashby

Postby JonB » 04. August 2010 20:08

Well, if you can't put me on the payroll, I'll settle for a Heineken or even better a Grolsch. :mrgreen:
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for Windows