Web server problem

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Web server problem

Postby dekiss » 09. July 2010 10:01

Hello all

I have problem when I install XAMPP or even IIS everything works fine when I type http://localhost in search bar in browser but when I try to view homepage with http://my ip adress , i have problem cant see the homepage. Also when someone else try to view my homepage with writing ip address in search bar he gets error. As I know I can open my website by typing ip address in search bar am I right?
I have kaspersky antivirus and ordinary windows firewall turned on, can this be a problem?

Thanks in advance,
Dejan
dekiss

Re: Web server problem

Postby Nobbie » 09. July 2010 12:47

dekiss wrote:I have kaspersky antivirus and ordinary windows firewall turned on, can this be a problem?

Yes. Could be.

But first of all we have to know, which IP you meant with my_ip? Is it a LAN IP (like 192.168.1.2), do you have a LAN, or is it a public IP (assigned by your Internet Provider), and if it is a public IP, how is your PC connected to the internet? Directly? Via router?

And whom do you mean by "someone else"? Someone else in your LAN? Someone else out there in the Internet?

You see, you applied very poor information - as less as you apply, as less the chance of getting help.
Nobbie

Postby dekiss » 09. July 2010 18:11

I have internet from my cable operator, my ip is 95.86.35.168, I am conected on Linksys voip router.
I think with IIS when I host webpage the load of the page is extrememly slow. My brother tried to open webpage and the next day it opened it :)
When someone try to open it the loading is going on but is extrememly slow.
dekiss

Postby Nobbie » 09. July 2010 18:27

dekiss wrote:I have internet from my cable operator, my ip is 95.86.35.168, I am conected on Linksys voip router.

So this is the IP of the router, not the IP of your Xampp PC. Isn't it?
Nobbie

Postby JonB » 09. July 2010 18:32

Slowness - could be the load or priority of webservices in the router. (among 1,000 other things)

Not see page Did you do port forwarding or DMZ? - also your router may not support NAT loopback. (check documentation). If it does not support NAT loopback, you will not be able to see your own page when you address it using an external IP address (such as 95.86.35.168) you will ONLY be able to see it as 127.0.0.1 or localhost.

Its a router and/or ISP issue, since both IIS and Apache are basically doing the same thing.

Good Luck
8)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Postby dekiss » 09. July 2010 19:23

Yes I think so..
Actually I changed places 2 different cities in last month so from the both I am using internet from different cable operator, with the first one (also using router) the webpage load was extremely slow like 1 day to open, and with this second I can't open webpage at all.. with both apache and iis.
I guess is the isp router issue, I will check for that in the router documentation. localhost adn 127.0.0.1 work just fine so I guess is nothing wrong with my server and pc configuration. As I said I have xampp.
dekiss

Postby dekiss » 09. July 2010 22:00

Nobbie wrote:
dekiss wrote:I have internet from my cable operator, my ip is 95.86.35.168, I am conected on Linksys voip router.

So this is the IP of the router, not the IP of your Xampp PC. Isn't it?

I am not sure. When i type in google whats my ip it shows me that address and when I do ipconfig in cmd it shows 192.168.0.2 as my ip address..
dekiss

Postby dekiss » 10. July 2010 07:37

After some research, I think the problem is that my isp blocks port 80 with the voip router and I don't have user password to access it and forward port 80 to my local ip address of my pc web server..
dekiss

Postby webuser » 10. July 2010 08:58

I don't think it is that the ISP is blocking port 80 or your website but rather either your router or windows firewall.

And the reason it may load very slow is that you have a slow connection. I don't know what connection you have but that would the presumable. Do you know the speed of your connection, up and -download?

And you can't access your router you said? Or don't have the password, why? reset it or something if you have to.

Another very good and something I would recommend to anyone on this forum and elsewhere having problems with this is do an online port scanner.

Here are 2 good ones:

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

And use the "Common Ports" type.

http://nmap-online.com/

Here is another good one. And just choose the Quick one.

http://www.t1shopper.com/tools/port-scan/

And only pick for example port HTTP 80.
webuser

Postby JonB » 10. July 2010 19:05

webuser:

what part of this did you not read? -

I have internet from my cable operator, my ip is 95.86.35.168,

Since its a CABLE operator, its not likley to be a linespeed issue.

AND its also very likely that port 80 is blocked (so you can't serve) and that he does not have access to the router/box (as it isn't his) -- because its CABLE.

:shock:
OSF
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Postby dekiss » 11. July 2010 01:51

I tried this morning with the ISP technician to avoid linksys voip adapter and i pluged cable directly in my pc and the servers worked well both xampp and iis..
so voip adapter is the problem, and ISP don't gice me privileges for web login and forward port 80 to my local ip 192.186.0.3

So thats it problem solved thanks all for help and it seems You can't get web server running behind router- at least not behind linksys voip router spa2102-r because it seems it has some build in firewall and blocks all incoming ports.
dekiss

Postby WilliL » 11. July 2010 10:21

dekiss wrote:...it seems You can't get web server running behind router- at least not behind linksys voip router spa2102-r because it seems it has some build in firewall and blocks all incoming ports.

If I were you, i woud contact linksys hotline to solve this problem.
Have a look to http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r18684193-How-to-unlock-Linksys-SPA2102R
Willi
WilliL

Operating System: Win7Home Prem 64 SP1

Postby seemon » 19. July 2010 05:44

Hello,

I also have my own domain hosted on a private server at home. Make sure that all of your ports on the router are forwarded to the correct computer; also, make sure that your name servers on the domain are set to correctly point at your home PC.

Most private IPs are dynamic, so you may want to use a service like No-IP to automatically update the name servers every time your IP changes. It would also be a good idea to make sure that the router assigns the server a consistant lan IP so forwarded packets don't go to the wrong place when Ips refresh.

Your router may have a built in firewall - make sure to either disable it or enable the correct exceptions. If all else fails, see if your router supports any form of logging....
seemon

Return to XAMPP for Windows