Cubecart 4 on xampp

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Cubecart 4 on xampp

Postby annie1 » 08. July 2010 23:06

hi - i've been trying without success to install cubecart 4 on xampp.

xampp installed ok & i enabled zend optimiser - cubecart intallation folder is in htdocs

during installation steps of cubecart after i enter the database name & user info (previously setup in phpmysql) etc alli get is a blank white screen when i proceed to the next installation step (4).

in phpmysql i set the following:

database name = cubecart
database user = root
password = abc

all privileges were checked.

any help appreciated.
annie1

Re: Cubecart 4 on xampp

Postby JonB » 09. July 2010 00:31

Not to be completley impolite, but this sure sounds like a cubecart configuration question more than an XAMMP one.

Did you check or post on their support forum?

Good Luck with your project
8)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Postby annie1 » 09. July 2010 00:51

JonB wrote:Not to be completley impolite, but this sure sounds like a cubecart configuration question more than an XAMMP one.

Did you check or post on their support forum?

Good Luck with your project
8)

thx for your reply - i have CC4 running no probs on my web host - the supplied package skins/templates are very basic so i was trying to use a personal server (like xampp) to "quickly" customise the skins/templates - have tried the CC forums - no luck whatsoever.

have run other projects on xampp without issue - you might be correct regarding CC configuration but to be honest i don't know
annie1

Postby JonB » 09. July 2010 01:04

I have heard their licenses are server-specific, and to run on localhost you need a new license file (or whatever) - I think its free if you own the production license.

A quick test for PHP/MySQL working right would be a WordPress install. Its fast and if it works right, you know its most likely not an XAMPP issue.

You could even use the same database info, as during the install WP allows a 'prefix' to be set on the tables it will use -- thus easy to kill off later - and you know your database is working.

:idea:
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for Windows