MySQL shuts down (running on USB stick)

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

MySQL shuts down (running on USB stick)

Postby ckwe » 21. June 2010 02:53

Couldn't find this problem via forum search. Apache starts fine, but MySQL stops automatically after a few seconds of running. Port 3306 is free. Here's what the MySQL error log says. Bad USB stick maybe? If it helps, the PC I'm running on also has XAMPP installed but none of the services are running.

100620 21:37:04 InnoDB: Page checksum 548591215, prior-to-4.0.14-form checksum 4032205910
InnoDB: stored checksum 2052773487, prior-to-4.0.14-form stored checksum 4032205910
InnoDB: Page lsn 0 39548, low 4 bytes of lsn at page end 39548
InnoDB: Page number (if stored to page already) 27,
InnoDB: space id (if created with >= MySQL-4.1.1 and stored already) 0
InnoDB: Page may be a freshly allocated page
InnoDB: Database page corruption on disk or a failed
InnoDB: file read of page 27.
InnoDB: You may have to recover from a backup.
InnoDB: It is also possible that your operating
InnoDB: system has corrupted its own file cache
InnoDB: and rebooting your computer removes the
InnoDB: error.
InnoDB: If the corrupt page is an index page
InnoDB: you can also try to fix the corruption
InnoDB: by dumping, dropping, and reimporting
InnoDB: the corrupt table. You can use CHECK
InnoDB: TABLE to scan your table for corruption.
InnoDB: See also http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/ ... overy.html
InnoDB: about forcing recovery.
InnoDB: Ending processing because of a corrupt database page.
ckwe

Re: MySQL shuts down (running on USB stick)

Postby markxcool » 13. August 2010 05:20

I have this same problem. I'm new to all this, so I'm not sure what info to give to help people assess my situation and provide advice.

I installed XAMPP 1.7.3 on my 16GB USB pen drive and think it is all fine, but when I click "RUN" for Apache it stops after a few seconds. Mysql stays running though and indicates so ("running"). Upon clicking "Admin" for Mysql, I get an error in the webbrowser that opens up.... I'm guessing this is because Apache isn't running.

I am using VISTA32. I deactivated the "user control" think in my Vista Control Panel and rebooted a few times but this issue persists.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
markxcool

Postby JonB » 13. August 2010 05:30

You DON'T have the same error - but that is moot now.

have you done a port 80 check on the host machine? :?:

You should also look in the apache error log and report what Apache says is happening :!:
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Postby chrismartin » 13. August 2010 12:52

Hey markx...I can't offer guidance but I can maybe offer a little encouragement. All this xampp stuff was brand new to me (still pretty much is) when I posted the above. I installed it to develop a Wordpress site offline. I finally got it working so well that, along with some auto-sync software on my main pc, I keep my MySQL database in sync between my PC and my USB stick. Now I can develop on the PC when I'm at home and on the stick when I'm way...and my sync software keeps the two in sync.

Best of luck...keep at it.
chrismartin

Postby zlatan24 » 06. September 2011 21:02

For resolving given problem you may use mysql recovery. It can recover your mysql files due to its wide facilities. The program has simply interface for any user and is able to show the results of reconstructing.
zlatan24

Postby JonB » 06. September 2011 23:13

For resolving given problem you may use mysql recovery. It can recover your mysql files due to its wide facilities. The program has simply interface for any user and is able to show the results of reconstructing.

No you can't as I posted the last time you spammed - you are going to get bounced if you continue. I will sick webby on you and you will only be able to spam elsewhere...
:shock:
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for Windows