phpMyAdmin won't work

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

phpMyAdmin won't work

Postby kiddsmpsn » 04. June 2010 21:02

So this is part of my xampp installation and I am having problems accessing phpMyAdmin. I unpacked xampp into c:\xampp. I can start xampp_start fine and localhost/xampp brings up the index.php and I am able to access some files from xampp home. Now when I go to access myPhpAdmin the browser spits out the error that apache http server has stopped working. I know phpMyAdmin has to access my MySQL account running on my local machine. I have used MySQL quite a bit in the past and phpMyAdmin quite a bit from a remote server but never both on my own machine. I believe I already had an instance of mysql running on my machine with the standard, localhost:3306. I'm wondering if that is causing a problem. Very little useful information is provided in the error message on this. I actually already had apache server on my machine as well but I am sure it was not running. I searched for myPhphAdmin crashes apache in the forum and nothing came up so I could not find where somebody else had this same problem.

Mike
kiddsmpsn

Re: phpMyAdmin won't work

Postby JonB » 04. June 2010 23:41

This topic may be helpful:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=40717

Good Luck
:)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for Windows