Installed Wordpress but can't access dashboard

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Installed Wordpress but can't access dashboard

Postby Edyn » 14. May 2010 13:12

Hello all,

I'm new to all this XAMPP stuff but managed to get through all installation of wordpress on it without issue, or so I thought. Once I installed and logged in, I tried to continue to the dashboard and received the following error message:

"Warning: require_once(ABSPATHwp-admin/includes/bookmark.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wp-admin\admin.php on line 10

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'ABSPATHwp-admin/includes/bookmark.php' (include_path='.;C:\Program Files\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wp-admin\admin.php on line 10"

I can't understand what this means as all the files appear to be in the right place, but I'm guessing I've done something wrong along the way.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Edyn

Re: Installed Wordpress but can't access dashboard

Postby JonB » 14. May 2010 21:19

You don't say what version of Windows (or WordPress) you are on, BUT:

Since it is easy to do, I'd suggest you try installing XAMPP in the root of C: (your installation will the go into c:\xampp). This is the default, BTW). then just copy your WP into c:\xampp\htdocs\wordpress and see if it doesn't "just work". Its only a 'try this", I haven't looked at the code in WordPress that is at the root of this.

good luck
:mrgreen:
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for Windows