MySQL Service Not Starting after Hostname/IP Address Change

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

MySQL Service Not Starting after Hostname/IP Address Change

Postby akwete » 19. April 2010 18:05

MySQL service will not start after I changed the windows server netbiosname, DNS hostname, and IP address. How may I fix this without changing the latter?
akwete

Re: MySQL Service Not Starting after Hostname/IP Address Change

Postby JonB » 20. April 2010 17:20

Are you unable to access MySQL in any fashion when you are on localhost? does not root have access @localhost? (I guess I am asking if you have access to the console). What is the exact error message you are getting, and what means are you using to attempt to start MySQL?

Good Luck
:roll:
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Re: MySQL Service Not Starting after Hostname/IP Address Change

Postby akwete » 20. April 2010 18:44

JonB wrote:Are you unable to access MySQL in any fashion when you are on localhost? does not root have access @localhost? (I guess I am asking if you have access to the console). What is the exact error message you are getting, and what means are you using to attempt to start MySQL?

Good Luck
:roll:

I have MySQL setup as a Windows service (using the mysqld-nt executable.) The service just would not start. Returns error 10067. However I created a new service uder a different service name, but using the same parameters as before, and it works. I can also manually launch the database server using the mysqld executable.
akwete

Return to XAMPP for Windows