timing out

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

timing out

Postby Audiomad » 07. April 2010 14:08

Could really do with some help on this one, First I messed up I had a full development server set up on my pc all installed from scratch, I needed to update mysql so tried that but it caused problems I removed that but was left with two instances finally I got those removed.

I could not find a way to reinstall everything from scratch as I could not find the resource I used to follow. I've removed everything and tried xammp but I have a problem either mysql or apache are timing out after 5 minutes or so and I have to start both all over to get it to work for another 5 minutes.

What I've tried :

I increased ram in my.ini no real change apart from pages loading faster.
I increased the time out option for Apache in httpd.conf this did not do anything at all but If I lower it, it cuts out early.
Disabled anti-virus
Disabled Firewall

I've asked and tried everything I can think of but with no look please help.
Audiomad

Re: timing out

Postby Narrowboyy » 08. April 2010 01:30

Audiomad wrote:I could not find a way to reinstall everything from scratch as I could not find the resource I used to follow.
http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html#524

Return all your conf and ini files back to the defaults and only change things if you know what you are doing and how the changes will effect the XAMPP installation - for advanced server administrators only.

Read the \xampp\apache\logs\error.log file for any clues.

Do a port check to see if any services remain installed after you attempted to uninstall XAMPP.
\xampp\portcheck.exe
Narrowboyy

Postby Audiomad » 08. April 2010 02:13

Narrowboyy wrote:
Audiomad wrote:I could not find a way to reinstall everything from scratch as I could not find the resource I used to follow.
http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html#524

Return all your conf and ini files back to the defaults and only change things if you know what you are doing and how the changes will effect the XAMPP installation - for advanced server administrators only.

Read the \xampp\apache\logs\error.log file for any clues.

Do a port check to see if any services remain installed after you attempted to uninstall XAMPP.
\xampp\portcheck.exe

All ports are fine : apache and mysql
Audiomad

Postby Audiomad » 09. April 2010 13:31

Last night I did a clean re-install of windows vista I've just tried xampp and its the same. No anti-virus software or anything installed only xampp!!! in port check : mysql says unknown process.

I'm having problems can you please help.
Audiomad

Postby Audiomad » 09. April 2010 14:08

Restarted xampp it says ports are ok now but still timing out!
Audiomad

Return to XAMPP for Windows