I've spend more hours than I can count on this. Read and tried every Goggle-offered solution. Obvious answer doesn't seem to exist. Any suggestions are welcome.
I have tried all sorts of ways around this, but with SSL Enabled, all I seem to get is one the following errors:
1. Server should be SSL-aware but has no certificate configure (solution: move the SSLCertificateFile line to http.conf)
2. Init: SSLPassPhraseDialog builtin is not supported on Win32 (solution: SSLPassPhraseDialog points to text file with password)
- #SSLPassPhraseDialog does not seem to fix this.
3. Init: Private key not found (solution: no clue. whatever I put in text file, same error)
I was running WinVista, xAmpp v1.7.1 and everything worked just fine.
I upgraded to Win7, xAmpp v1.7.3 and a bunch of things for oscommerce became broken because of the updated PHP v5.32. After searching I fixed the OSCommerce problems, and now down to an incredibly irritating SSL issue. (Works fine with SSL Disabled)
Created a Key and a CSR. I removed the passphrase from the key with openssl. Received my new CRT from GoDaddy. Linked them into xAmpp 1.7.1 and everything was fine.
After the upgrade:
1. it kept asking for the SSLCertificateFile, as it did not seem to be seeing it in the httpd-ssl.conf so I needed to move the SSLCertificateFile conf/ssl.crt/server.com.crt line into the http.conf before it would recognize it.
2. then, it kept asking for the PassPhrase, that I already removed from the Key.
3. I used a SSLPassPhraseDialog exec:path/to/filename only to be told Init: Private key not found
Even though it all worked fine in v1.7.1 1st try, I started over.
1. Created the Key, removed the passphrase, THEN created the CSR and got the CRT.
2. All the same exact problems