Router Login instead of Website

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Router Login instead of Website

Postby Jonnyb42 » 01. April 2010 06:17

I have downloaded xampp, and it downloaded and installed just fine. The control panel shows green ready for apache when I click start and the same for mySQL. Now, when I check my ip address at somewhere like whatismyip.com and put it in the URL such as http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/ and instead of seeing the index.html in my htdocs I see my verizon router login. I am comfortable with my router management (although I mostly can only guess at the meanings). If everything seems to be working fine then why do I see router login instead of my website??

(fyi: my router's port 80 is open and I have tried port forwarding and I get same result. Also, if it matters, the computer that xampp is installed on is connected wirelessly, if it makes a difference)

Can anyone help me please?

thanks

*EDIT: Ok I realized I had checked remote router access! Now that its off (back to normal) I just get a "webpage not available" page instead of the router log in, still a problem.
Jonnyb42

Re: Router Login instead of Website

Postby terezy » 01. April 2010 11:38

I have the same problem. I type my ip into the browser and shows page not found.
terezy

Postby zerofire » 02. April 2010 06:16

You need to disable remote router access. After that you need to set the computer up with a static IP and set port forwarding the the unit. The port needed to be forwarded is 80. If your lucky you will be done but if not then you have to set permissions for port 80 at your firewall.
zerofire

Postby Jonnyb42 » 03. April 2010 05:32

Well I managed to work it out, port forwarded with my router and it works now! Btw, for dynamic ip addresses you can use zoneedit.com. I just confirmed the free Update Client they offer works.

Wooohoo!

also, if I am supposed to set this thread as solved or something then someone tell me how because I do not know.
Jonnyb42

Return to XAMPP for Windows