Curl not installed.

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Curl not installed.

Postby Danwest » 27. March 2010 13:32

When running the install script for Openauto it gave this status.
CURL does not seem to be installed this is not a critical error and you will still be able to continue the install.

I was able to complete the install an login. When I tried to run the admin.php it gave the following error. Everything else so far appears to work fine with it.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in C:\xampp\htdocs\openauto\admin\admin.php on line 70

Since Curl isn't installed I'm not sure if it is because Curl isn't installed or an error in the script for some other reason.

Is there a quick add on for XAMPP to install cURL or do I just download it from http://curl.haxx.se/ and install it?

Thanks
Dan
Danwest
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 27. March 2010 11:59

Re: Curl not installed.

Postby Nobbie » 27. March 2010 13:40

Danwest wrote:Is there a quick add on for XAMPP to install cURL


Yes.

Edit php.ini (be sure to pick the right one) and look for extension "php_curl.dll". Remove the semicolon in the first column and restart Apache.

P.S.: Why do you permanently write into the german part of this forum instead of the english part? And why do you open a new thread on the same issue (installation of openauto)?
Nobbie
 
Posts: 8759
Joined: 09. March 2008 13:04

Re: Curl not installed.

Postby Danwest » 27. March 2010 14:05

Nobbie wrote:
Danwest wrote:Is there a quick add on for XAMPP to install cURL


Yes.

Edit php.ini (be sure to pick the right one) and look for extension "php_curl.dll". Remove the semicolon in the first column and restart Apache.

Thanks for the fast and helpful response.
Nobbie wrote:P.S.: Why do you permanently write into the german part of this forum instead of the english part? And why do you open a new thread on the same issue (installation of openauto)?


I didn't scroll down on the page to see there was an English section. Since I'm now aware of it I'll use it.

I took it as a separate issue, Openauto was installed and worked fine except for the CURL error. This appeared to have more to do with a installation, setup / configuration of php so I posted it as new topic. In future if it all pertains to the same script I'll keep it as a single thread.

Sincerely;
Dan
Danwest
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 27. March 2010 11:59


Return to XAMPP for Windows

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 49 guests