install perl at /usr/bin/perl

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

install perl at /usr/bin/perl

Postby mwfischer » 02. March 2010 04:58

I am using xampp as a development server on windows 7 with the production server on a Linux box. With this setup all my scripts have a shebang of #!/usr/bin/perl so that they can run on the linux box without modification. I had the setup working fine on my old computer but I can't remember how I did it.

On the new computer I installed ActivePerl 5.10.1.1007 at /usr then xampp 1.7.3 at /xampp When I run the install provided printenv.pl script everything works fine. When I change the shebang in this script to #!/usr/bin/perl I get the following error.

(OS 2)The system cannot find the file specified. : couldn't create child process: 720002: printenv.pl
(OS 2)The system cannot find the file specified. : couldn't spawn child process: C:/xampp/cgi-bin/printenv.pl

My windows path is set to "C:\usr\site\bin;C:\usr\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\" and I can run the script from the command line

I have not made any changes to the config files.

What do I need to do so that apache recognizes that perl is installed at /usr/bin/perl?
mwfischer

Return to XAMPP for Windows