xampp & tomcat addon start/stop

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

xampp & tomcat addon start/stop

Postby seralf » 22. February 2010 00:13

Hello

i'm experimenting some little issues on the last xampp for windows installation+tomcat add-on: first of all i've notice that the button for tomcat does nothing.
So i've tried a manual startup of tomcat (not as a service: i need to use xampp portable) from tomcat_start, but still nothing.
As i look for error logs of apache and tomcat configuration files i notice that some configuration goes wrong.
I copy here some fixed configuration files, hope this will be useful to others. Please fix the buttons too, as i'm using xampp for some courses and i need a simple way to use php and tomcat for my students, thanks! :-)

Alfredo

_____

in the file /xampp/tomcat/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf (autogenerated from setup_xampp), i used these settings instead of generated ones:
Code: Select all
<IfModule !mod_jk.c>
  LoadModule jk_module "/xampp/apache/modules/mod_jk.so"
</IfModule>

JkWorkersFile "/xampp/tomcat/conf/jk/workers.properties"
JkLogFile "/xampp/tomcat/logs/mod_jk.log"

then i added this line on top of tomcat_start.bat and tomcat_stop.bat:
Code: Select all
SET CATALINA_HOME=%CD%\tomcat
seralf

Re: xampp & tomcat addon start/stop

Postby MC10 » 22. February 2010 01:27

When you installed the addon, did you run the .exe or just extract the .zip?
MC10

Re: xampp & tomcat addon start/stop

Postby seralf » 02. March 2010 16:38

I extract the zip file, and run the setup_xampp to make it portable.
Even if i ask to make it portable without drive letters, i've notice that if someone starts tomcat first, then apache, for some reason the configuration in /xampp/tomcat/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf fails on an absolute path.
Correcting with the relative path it works: i think it could be some minor bug or similar... the only thing that seems to generate the problem is in starting tomcat before starting apache.
seralf

Return to XAMPP for Windows