Installing modules? RPM files?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Installing modules? RPM files?

Postby ajlisowski » 18. February 2010 19:54

Hey everyone, Im new to the xampp forum! hows it going?

Basically, I need assistance in installing a PHP module on my xampp installation.

Its a filepro mod which allows php to communicate with a filepro database.

http://php.net/manual/en/book.filepro.php

I can not find any actual installation files for this package. However, I did find the following:

http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/mandri ... .i586.html

Which apparently gives me an RPM file. I have no idea what to do with this file. Is it even something I can use with a windows based xampp?

Thanks for any help you may be able to give. I am once again in over my head at work...its fun!
ajlisowski

Re: Installing modules? RPM files?

Postby Wiedmann » 18. February 2010 21:51

Which apparently gives me an RPM file. Is it even something I can use with a windows based xampp?

No.

Basically, I need assistance in installing a PHP module on my xampp installation.

- You need a correct PHP extension (build for PHP5.3 Win TS X86).
- Put the extension into the extension dir (\xampp\php\ext)
- And then you can enable the extension in "php.ini".
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Re: Installing modules? RPM files?

Postby ajlisowski » 18. February 2010 22:13

Ok, Im guessing I can not use this particular module because the build appears to be for

PHP 5.2 for some linux build called Mandriva...

I dont know a lot about PHP builds and what not. But the RPM contains a .so file, I would assume that even if I got that so file it would not be remotely compatible with the PHP build xampp uses?

Sorry for my complete ignorance on this subject. I can code PHP...but managing the apache server and PHP install is another beast I am very inexperienced on.
ajlisowski

Return to XAMPP for Windows