zend_mm_heap corrupted - Need to know how to fix

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

zend_mm_heap corrupted - Need to know how to fix

Postby trdunsworth » 18. February 2010 17:07

Running XAMPP 1.7.3 on a Windows 2003 server. We are getting a ton of crashes in the last week and we are seeing out of memory errors on the server restart. Problem is no showing a zend_mm_heap corrupted error and while I'm seeing all sorts of stuff on the web about configure ZEND_ALLOC = 0 and such, I'm not finding the appropriate .bat files to adjust to fix this.

Any clue on how to get this to work on Windows correctly? We're running a number of sites off this box and we have to get it stabilized.
trdunsworth

apache_start.bat or xampp_shell.bat Question

Postby trdunsworth » 18. February 2010 19:12

As posted earlier, we are having issues with a zend_mm_heap corrupted situation and I would like to see if USE_ZEND_ALLOC=0 will work for this the way I've read on other boards.

However, those boards also suggest adding it to the apachectl.bat file in the /bin folder for Apache. Trouble is, there isn't one. Then I started thinking there are a couple of candidate files for XAMPP which I might be able to use. I just want to find out from someone which one is the right one. I've thought either apache_start.bat or xamp_shell.bat.

My apache_start.bat is as follows:
<code>
@ECHO OFF & SETLOCAL
PUSHD %~dp0

ECHO Now we start Apache
xampp_cli.exe start apache

POPD
PAUSE
</code>

I'm wondering if the line I need to change shouldn't be
<code>
xampp_cli.exe start apache -USE_ZEND_ALLOC=0
</code>

If I'm off the path, could someone please let me know where I'm off and where I need to adjust to get back on. I have to get my server stabilized to see what's going on and where we need to go to get it right.

Thank you,

Tony Dunsworth
trdunsworth

Re: zend_mm_heap corrupted - Need to know how to fix

Postby Wiedmann » 18. February 2010 21:47

I would like to see if USE_ZEND_ALLOC=0 will work

That's an environment variable:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc736637%28WS.10%29.aspx
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Re: zend_mm_heap corrupted - Need to know how to fix

Postby trdunsworth » 19. February 2010 15:19

At this time, we've been finding that PHP 3.x isn't compatible with half of the stuff we're running so we're going to roll back to XAMPP 1.7.1 as it seems that's the only way to do a PHP rollback.

Thanks for getting back to me with suggestions on that. I appreciate the help. :)
trdunsworth

Return to XAMPP for Windows