Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.
I'm currently working on 2 projects.
One is Joomla based and thus must use xampp 1.7.1 because of php 5.2.9.
In the second I would like to use php 5.3 because of ActiveRecord support.
My question is: may I install 2 xampp versions on the same machine: 1.7.1 and 1.7.3? Or, alternatively, how can I add php 5.3 to the system and switch the php versions in configuration.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 25. January 2010 12:11
I have the same problem, can u fixed it ?
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 05. March 2010 18:07
- download the wanted xampp Versions as zip Version (e.g.: Xampp 1.7.1 and Xampp 1.7.3)
- unzip them to your HDD root-directory and give the xampp folder a unique name (e.g.: C:\xampp171\ and C:\xampp173\)
- execute the setup-xampp.bat file of every unzipped version to locate them right
(- change ports if you want to run them all at the same time)
Thats it. Easy, isn't it?
We don't provide any support via personal channels like PM, email, Skype, TeamViewer!It's like porn for programmers
- AF Moderator
- Posts: 8244
- Joined: 17. August 2009 13:05
- XAMPP version: several
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64
Return to XAMPP for Windows
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 77 guests